INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-C and MyMovies  (Read 1153 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
DVB-C and MyMovies
« on: December 26, 2009, 04:19:52 am »

I have just checked out MC 14 on my HTPC.

I have to say that this seems as a very impressing tool, and I seriously evaluated using this instead of Windows 7 Media Center.
This is why I did not do it:

I'm having a Floppy DTV-C card that allows me to view all my cabel channels trought the TV. MC 14 does not support DVB-C, thus making it useless for me.
This is the main reason. I assume that this should be quite easy to solve, but it has to be a majour issue for european users.

In addition:
There seems to be some special demands/issues for the My Movies integration (my movies only shows up named VIDEO_TS). I have 600+ movies,  restrukstructuring how they are stored will not be done.
By some odd reason, my stereo sound (using WASAPI) was outputted as multichannel output instead of stereo. I assume this is easy to fix, but due to the previous two issues I did not use any energy on solving this.

Regards, TEK

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DVB-C and MyMovies
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 06:43:12 am »

When you use WASAPI, MC passes the source stream unmodified to whatever device is beyond it.  A receiver, for example, may then convert it to something else.  This isn't an MC problem.

On the Third Party board here, you'll find a couple of other movie solutions.

Please see the TV board here for possible information on TV problems.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:07:24 am »

I was using WASAPI, and the sound was passed to my Asus Xonar DX2 card and from that directly (using analog outputs) to my power amplifier. So there is no receiver doing anything anywhere. Maybe some setting was missing or something. I did not investigate the issue in depth.
W7 Media Center outputs stereo sound.

But, as mentioned, the TV issue was the main reason. I have checked the TV forum, and the statment there is that there is no DTV-C support.

- Regards, TEK

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:10:24 am »

I was using WASAPI, and the sound was passed to my Asus Xonar DX2 card
Check the settings of the card.  If you're using WASAPI, the stream is unmodified.

Options for WASAPI allow "exclusive" use.  Try that.  Don't try to use any DSP effects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up