INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control clarification  (Read 1300 times)

ronron

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Remote Control clarification
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:07:24 am »

I'm using a Windows 7 HP Media Center PC with a Media Center Extender attached. I want to be able to add remote control cammands and win I go to
Options --> remote Control -->  Devices and Options --> Selected Input Devices  I see the Microsoft MCE is Active.  However when I try to LEARN any of the commands, it is not receiving any signal. Any ideas?  Also, if I purchaed the Remte Control and Receiver "KIT" you sell,  will that allow me to "Learn" the commands within JR?  I need the flexibility to modify the buttons on the remote.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote Control clarification
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:16:52 am »

Try also starting HID (same place).

The hardware we sell won't affect learning.  It can be used, but it doesn't enable anything new.

dougsing

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:15:27 am »

I have this same problem with not being able to learn the remote "Trigger Code", however when I try to select the "Remote, keyboard, gamepad or other HID" option it will show checked at first but the "Remote, keyboard, gamepad or other HID" doesn't show up as "(Active)" after checking it.  When I select the "selected input devices" drop down again the HID option is not checked.  I have a windows XP machine that will let me check the option but my Windows 7 x64 won't allow me to check it. Is this a problem with windows 7 or with 64-bit OS?

Without the HID activated I am able to use the remote with the default JRMC14 settings but I can't change the command action. The problem obviously prevents me from using the remote relay feature.  If I do program a blast and test it under "edit blast action" it will fire and activate the target device but it won't activate the blast from the remote because of the HID problem. 

I have disabled windows media center under the Theater View options.  No other software or services are accessing the MCE IR receiver. Media Center 14 Service is running.

HID Keyboard Device, Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard, Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keys and eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR) are running and working properly in Device Manager.

This problem occurs with v14.0.130 and v14.0.140.

I am using:
Zotac IONITX B-E (Atom 230 with nVidia ION)
4GB DDR2 memory
Windows 7 64-bit
HP media center receiver

I have also tried selecting ""Remote, keyboard, gamepad or other HID" with all other HID keyboards etc. unplugged from the system and I have no other IR receivers or tranceivers installed on the system.

Anyone have any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:27:14 am »

Make sure you have 140 installed.

Try without UAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up