INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only one PC?  (Read 2573 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Only one PC?
« on: January 05, 2010, 12:03:57 am »

Are tracks downloaded from the performer store (drm'd wma files) supposed to be playable on multiple computers? I am only able to play my tracks on one computer so far, the one that I originally signed up as a subscriber with. My living room pc (vista) wont play any of the tracks even when I login to the store on that computer.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Only one PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:55:19 am »

Following up on this:

After logging in to the performer store on both the MC server and LS client, and changing the playback method of wma to MC (input plugin) on both computers, playback now works for me. Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but now it all seems to be working for me.

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:04:36 pm »

If you're trying to play a DRM track on a computer that doesn't have a license for it and you are not using our own input plugin for wma playback, it will not be able to license the track.  Our input plugin handles downloading the license data.

You can have up to 3 computers registered for use. You can have 2 portable devices registered at a time.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »

Is that 3 at a time, or 3 maximum? Seems a little low if it's a maximum. Is that a contractual obligation to medianet or a decision you guys took?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:17:29 pm »

3 total, one at a time.  It's a contract issue.  I don't think it's unreasonable, but I wish there were a reasonable way to buy a subscription for another machine.  I need 4.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 01:03:59 am »

me too (4)

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:28:14 am »

You are able to deactivate one computer per month (and activate another one), but I guess that won't help your situation where you regularly use four computers.

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:56 pm »

Following up on this:

After logging in to the performer store on both the MC server and LS client, and changing the playback method of wma to MC (input plugin) on both computers, playback now works for me. Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but now it all seems to be working for me.
I'm running MC 16.0.55 on both machines and I did this yet I can't get the Performer subscription tracks to play on my laptop from the server.  I can't figure out what I need to do.

Also, I'm considering purchasing the JRiver Id and wonder if I will be able to stream Performer subscription downloads to the Id from the server.

Thanks.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 01:08:08 pm »

I'm afraid subscription tracks won't play on the Id, since it won't handle protected tracks.

As far as a library server client, it should work.  You can only be logged into Performer on one computer at a time so just log in on the client end (the last computer that logs in kicks off the previous login).  Make sure you don't have audio conversion set to "always convert"  (Options / Media Network / Client Options / Audio conversion).  

If it doesn't work, see if you can download and play tracks directly from the Performer store on the client computer.

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 02:09:41 pm »

John,

Thanks for the reply.  That's helpful info regarding the Id.

However, I still can't get subscription tracks to play from the network on the client.  I get a "DRM License Acquisition Error".

I have both the client and server set to play Windows Media via the MC plugin.  I have set them both to not convert audio.

But here's something interesting.  I'm on the client and I just navigated to the folder where the server stores the music files.  I double clicked on a wma subscription file and MC is now playing it on the client.  I can then access the track via the server within MC (I guess the license is now stored on the client).  So the client can get the license, just not through the MC server.  Any way I can fix this?

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up