INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: discovered a new use of MC "Notes"!  (Read 1118 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
discovered a new use of MC "Notes"!
« on: February 15, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »

I found out that i can use "notes" to annotate my playlists. That is great help when DJing. I already of course annotate songs but this way, I can annotate groups of songs.

The current method I use is somewhat hacky. I create a note, and copy to the playlist. I imagine that there may be other reasons for keeping an ordered list of notes in playlists. (as oppose to unordered notes in the database). For example, I would prefer some control in the order of a shopping list.

for more reasonable usability, we need some simple but effective improvements.

1) creating a note without leaving the playlist view (i.e. with a menu right click on the playlist
2) showing the content when mouse cursor is on the note.
3) going to the "notes" when double clicking on the note.
4) exporting to external m3u generates a warning. (can notes be converted to m3u comments?)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: discovered a new use of MC "Notes"!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:10:23 pm »

Interesting comments.

Notes are html.  You can copy and paste to another editor.  Copying from a web page copies the html.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Re: discovered a new use of MC "Notes"!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 04:18:23 pm »

Good idea! I tried to drag this message to a playlist, nothing happened, but I would love a note to be created and added to the playlist instead.

However, interestingly, dragging URL of this page to the playlist worked as I expected it to work.

I am using MC to organize PDF articles, but soon I will be able to use it to collect citations (or other information) from web pages. I am very excited about this development.

The implication I see from this is that you can use the slogan:

MC 15 can organize your thoughts (not just your files)
Pages: [1]   Go Up