INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Error  (Read 1048 times)

khaan

• Recent member
Import Error
« on: February 26, 2010, 12:13:52 am »

I had to do a clean install of my OS and had to reinstall MC14; when it imported my audio and video files, the program put 200+ video files in the audio section and I don't know how to get them where they belong so I need to know how to fix this - and how to prevent it from happening again.

khaan

• Recent member
Re: Import Error
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:17 pm »

Okay, so I got it in my head to export my library to an XML file; I opened it with MS Word and found all those entries had "Audio" in the field that should have read "Video".  I changed all of the to the correct media form - that took a while - and thought I could import the revised library, hoping that the changes I made would take.  Only to find out that while you can export the library, you can't import it.  I'm still waiting for someone at JRiver to tell me how to fix this!

khaan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:30:01 pm »

One more thing:  For future versions, including a tool that can edit the library would be good so if you see something like I did, you can go fix it.  One of the things I found when I edited my library try was how much junk was included in the file's data:  Lyrics to songs, statements in foreign languages, URLs to website.  Might help program performance if that junk could be removed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:04 pm »

Use Action Window > Tag > Media Type to change the media type of files.

You can import MPL playlists (which are simple XML) using File > Import Playlist...  Changes made will update the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

khaan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

I figured it out!  What I had to do was add a column for Media Type - then change it from Audio to Video!
Pages: [1]   Go Up