INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alphabetical / "Various Artist" issues..  (Read 957 times)

LimehouseDan

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Alphabetical / "Various Artist" issues..
« on: April 15, 2003, 01:10:22 pm »

Windows Media Player is terribly slow with lots of files - that's given. But it does do one thing, and that is NOT register "The" and "A" when listing items alphabetically. Now I'm sure this great piece of software can be altered to do this too - but I can't work out how!!

Finally, I have a load of compilations which were individually titled in WMP. But now I've started using Media Jukebox all artists have appeared as "Various"!!! I'm a bit worried as this is rather a lot of work down the drain. Is there any way I can retrieve this data? Or look online from Media Jukebox to see if the gaps can be filled from an online database?

Thanks so much!

DAN :)

shahrukh

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Alphabetical / "Various Artist" issues..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 05:28:41 am »

Not so important to me, but if it IS implemented, make sure to make it a programmable list, i.e., "Ignore the following leading words in Title (and Artist?) sorts:" and a text box in which the user can type a (short) list of words.

The reason for this is that "The" and "A" only work with English titles (and sometimes not even that--think of a song titled "A is for Apple," for instance). And a leading "A" in Spanish certainly should not be ignored, but maybe "La" and "El" should. But do you really want "El Condor Pasa" listed under "Condor Pasa, El"? Wonder how Windows Media Player handles that (not that I would ever stoop to running it to find out :-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up