INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13 kicking me off network when opened from another computer  (Read 3506 times)

bigaboy

Hello. Hoping someone can help me here. Ive set up a xp professional computer that stores all my movie files etc... Have been using it to watch movies on my TV, accessing it with my laptop to watch movies, play tunes etc..flawlessly for months. Access has been via a network share through a WRT54Gs router. Computer is Ethernet and laps are wireless. Know this is the kicker. Wife has a laptop that has this j River Media center 13 on it. When she opens this player on her laptop it halts everything on the LAN. If I'm transferring a file Poof error message is "file has been moved, changed, deleted, or the file path has been changed. Network unreachable". If I'm watching a movie (I use Media Player Classic)via the network folder share. Poof! Movie stops  "file has been moved, changed, deleted, or the file path has been changed. Network unreachable". I have reproduced this behavior over and over again. When she opens this player(J River MC 13) it locks down the LAN as far as playing a movie, moving files etc...

Can anybody help me? Been married for 23 years and its my equipment that's broken. Not her Player! Any Ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam

It isn't MC doing it.  MC talks only to the OS.

It's probably a conflict somewhere in the network part of the OS.  Maybe two devices are using the same IP address (not a good idea).

Try updating drivers and firmware everywhere.  The problem may be on your PC or on the router.

bigaboy

Hello. Thanks for the quick reply. My guess it was some type of bandwidth problem and or packets colliding. Very weird. Had three laptops connected this morning via Ethernet. All accessing the network share folder playing music, movies etc.... All have separate ip addresses dished out via dhcp enabled Linksys WRT54gs router running dd-art firmware. All playing using various media players. Wife opens up MC 13 player and poof everyone is disconnected from the share. Does it every time. I have been running QOS on the router an given everyone equal priority for about a year. Object was to catch any or all bottle necking at the router to keep things rolling smooth. Has been working like a charm ? Disabled it about an hour ago. Everything has been running like a charm. Its got me confused. What do think. Again thank you for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up