INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to have a recently imported folder inside each keyword in theaterview?  (Read 1381 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

hi
i'm wondering if it is possible to have a recently imported folder inside each keyword folder inside theater view?

Ex. when i goto video and choose movies all my movies are in there by keywords, action, war, drama, 1000 top movies etc Right now under movies i have a folder named recently imported which shows all keywords by date imported. can i remove that recently imported and setup theaterview to show videos, movies, keywords then inside each keyword folder there would be a folder for those movies recently imported?... when i select action it shows all the action movies by name. is it possible to have a folder in there named recently imported which would show all recently imported movies by date AND all the movies sorted by name? if it's possible i'd like this for all subtypes movies, home video, and tv shows.

thank you for your time.

rick.ca

Add nested views wherever you like and add Date Imported rules (e.g., "Date Imported is in the last 7 days") and sorting rules to Rules for file display for each of those views.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

hi rick i'm not understanding sorry

this is what i have now. and i want to remove recently imported, so that all people see is keywords - action, war. drama, etc. but when they click on a keyword say action. then it will show all action movies but also show a folder named recently imported. and the same for all other keywords. is that possible? would you guide me on how to set that up properly if it is possible please.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/Xtacybyme/removerecentlyf.jpg[/img]]

rick.ca

OIC. My original suggestion was to add "Recently Imported" to existing menu items. But you want it added as a category item. It seems the best way to do that is with a Search List item. Remove the nested "Recently Imported" item you've added to "Movies" in the menu configuration.

If I understand your illustration, you have a "Movies" menu item where Keywords has been added to "Details." After Keywords, add a Search List item. Add to it a rule for "recently imported." Now a list with just one item in it is rather boring, so add anything else you might be interested in (e.g., recently released, highly rated, not yet viewed, etc.)—to create a Search List you can be proud of. Name the list "Filters." The list will behave in exactly the same way as any other category added to "Details."

Now, when you select a keyword, your list of filters will appear, including "Recently imported." The first item will be "All Filters," which allows you to bypass the list without using any of the filters. You can also start by selecting "All Keywords" if you want your filters to apply to all movies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up