INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Learning Remote Command with Harmony 880  (Read 1370 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Learning Remote Command with Harmony 880
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:47:41 am »

Having an issue with my harmony 880.  Trying to toggle theatre view.  Knowing there are 2 steps i've first doulbe clicked toggle theatre view then add blast.  It receives it no problem.  Then I go back to the previous screen and while toggle theatre view is highlighted, I click learn.  I've pressed repeatedly for over a minute, I've also held the button down for over a minute and still nothing.

Thanks.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Learning Remote Command
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 06:47:48 pm »

So it turns out it can learn a stock button (guide) but it can't learn a button command that was not stock.  Better explained on the logitech it has an lcd screen where you can customize and program any button and put it on this menu.  So I chose an ir command that I knew wasn't in MC and put it on the remote and was using that to teach MC.  It did learn it under new blast but then when I went back to the first page and click start learning no joy.

Also although it learned the guide button and it under Toggle Theatre View it still did the old function of going to Guide in the TV menu.

Given there are a limited number of sock buttons on the remote the programable lcd screen is great but it seems if it's not stock button, MC isn't learning it.  What could be the issue?  BTW on the button that wasn't being learned when it was taught under new blast the button code showed a question mark.

Thanks.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Learning Remote Command
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:14:23 am »

Anybody?  Has anybody learned commands on the remote?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In summary I can add blast fine but when I go to learn command it doesn't receive it.  The only time it does receive it is if I used a hard key (I will call  it that for lack of a better term meaning a button that is static like guide, enter, info etc on my remote).  I also cannot remap the commands in mc.  Meaning I have a guide button that goes to guid in the tv menu, how can I get that to toggle theatre view instead?
Pages: [1]   Go Up