INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 Feature Requests  (Read 69898 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 15 Feature Requests
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2010, 08:24:32 pm »

I guess it's time to bring these up again:

1. Ability to seek correctly in mounted iso files (both the rewind and fast forward skip ahead an hour or more)
2. Ability to reorder and clear playing now list when playing "there" in conjunction with a library server
3. Automatic wikipedia lookups on video import
4. Automatic replacement Name/Title field of movie after performing a wikipedia lookup
5. Automatic TV episode lookups for tag info

jst-007

« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »

What I'd like to be able to is to use the export-options available when exporting a SINGLE playlist also when exporting ALL playlists. When exporting a single playlist, few mouse-clicks do everything right for me. But having no options on "Export All Playlists", the results don't work.

Whether to have this as options on command "Export All Playlists", or customizable somewhere in setup-options ... I DON'T CARE  ;)

Robert Joe

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #252 on: January 08, 2011, 04:46:21 pm »

In Tools > Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields > Track # > Data, beeing able to choose the "Store in file tags (when possible)"-option (turn off) also for tool version and tool name, as I don't like them beeing written to tags.

I vote for this feature as well. I don't see the point of these tags and it is just "messy". It is particularly annoying when these tags are added and I did not even edit any tags, for example "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory". I do not embed art in my flac files, yet these tags get added to the files. Then when I do an incremental backup, those files have to get backed up.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2011, 01:08:50 pm »

Please allow slashes inside library fields:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61674.0

thx

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2011, 05:48:44 pm »

Sickbeard media info integration. It can already output to WDTV, MediaBrowser, PS3, and XBMC metadata, however JRiver uses its own sidecar format that is unsupported.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2011, 10:32:12 pm »

not sure if i mentioned this before (If so I apologize)  but we ran into it again tonight...

Gf wanted to watch new movie i told her i had. she searched for 20 minutes on htpc. and then asked for my help. Here i forgot to exit out of theaterview and goto file\library\load library and refresh the htpc client server connection. So basically the new imported files were not showing up.

Anyway to make htpc call home to server once a day everyday at say noon? or 7 pm, whenever? that way the library will always be up to date and my family doesnt have to exit out of theaterview?

Thanks for this consideration.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2011, 10:42:52 pm »

not sure if i mentioned this before (If so I apologize)  but we ran into it again tonight...

Gf wanted to watch new movie i told her i had. she searched for 20 minutes on htpc. and then asked for my help. Here i forgot to exit out of theaterview and goto file\library\load library and refresh the htpc client server connection. So basically the new imported files were not showing up.

Anyway to make htpc call home to server once a day everyday at say noon? or 7 pm, whenever? that way the library will always be up to date and my family doesnt have to exit out of theaterview?

Thanks for this consideration.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:04 am »

Matt can you believe i never knew this existed?
I been batting my head for months having to exit out of theaterview, reconnect go back in.

I'm ignorant when it comes to wiki's. I've now signed in, checked my settings. out of curiosity Is it possible to get notified everytime someone adds something(ANYTHING) to the wiki? so i can read up on new features and get to learn things better?
In new releases you guys mention things that are new or that i've never heard of, but i don't know what the new feature does, or how to get it to work or where to find it.

I Love reading, and learning, its just i need to know the stuff is there.

Thanks so much for this link (fix) This will be so nice!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2011, 01:06:41 pm »

Matt, Anyone - I've followed Matt's instructions from the wiki -
To enable automatic sync, on the client enable Options > Media Network > Library Server Client > Automatically sync changes made on server back to client.

On server i setup authentication, on HTPC i connected to server put in authentication info and it connected. then i went to Media Network > Library Server Client on HTPC> and the only thing under library server client is automatically sync changes made on client back to server, which is unticked, play local file if one matches library server - ticked, show playback zones from server on the client - ticked, audio conversion, image conversion, and video conversion.

How do i get jriver to show me the option for Automatically sync changes made on server back to client, it's no there? If you guys want a screen shot let me know.

Also just an FYI i also went to other pc's in the house that are using jriver and none of them show me
Automatically sync changes made on server back to client.
Thanks again. Sorry for the troubles.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:05 pm »

Hi,

I would love to have:
Ability to change the rating from web remote (like in xp tune)
Scrolling for touch screen (not with scroll bar)
Ability to stream the current music to my squeezbox (I have tried VAC but i gave up)
Conversion in AAC (darn iphone)
Blu ray support

Many thanks

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2011, 01:55:04 am »

When using 'Rename, Move & Copy Files' could it also copy cover art to the new directory.  Bit of a pain moving an album and losing the cover art...

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #261 on: February 05, 2011, 09:06:22 am »

Allow us to specify what playlist is used to display recently imported files.

I have a workflow of multiple smartlists for recently imported files.  After I import files I have to manually select the first workflow by drilling down my Playlists tree.  The default 'recently imported' playlist I never use.  Would be great if I could tell MC which playlist to jump to after files are manually imported.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #262 on: February 05, 2011, 11:14:59 am »

Rotate home videos

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:39 pm »

An option to make sidecar files hidden.  Actually, I'm not sure why this isn't the default.  One can easily enable or disable "Show Hidden Files" under folder options in Windows if you want to look at them.  I have confirmed that MC doesn't seem to have any issues if the sidecar files are hidden.  This would save me the extra step of having to manually make the sidecar file hidden.

Chris

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »

Playlist deletions over Library Server.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #265 on: February 07, 2011, 09:39:44 am »

Please add confirmation to Export All Playlists.  The number of times I've accidentally hit this option and had to then wait for MC to dump all my many many expressions...

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2011, 11:49:39 am »

What's about a new feature to perform live mixes. :)
I ask this request some versions ago.

Cues and looping are basic controls which offer a better experience when deejing.
BPM detection and estimation (already done I guess) and the parallel waveform displays are a bonus in a module/function like that.

The best one: (approaching the new Play Doctor function) Automatic crossfading with Auto DJ feature.

sunfire7

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »

* A way to build cache ("right clic on group of songs, > cache > build cache" could be an option) without have to set up a handheld devide or stream

* Improve Export playlist to itunes feature to allow lossless files (automatic on-the-fly convertions to lossy in order to export to itunes)

* Automatic MediaSubType field, based on folder (eg. if a video file is on "Movies" folder, MediaSubType changes to "Movies", etc)

* Improve Sync Library to be a Real Library Sync, seems like a forgotten feature  :(
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »

When using 'Rename, Move & Copy Files' could it also copy cover art to the new directory.  Bit of a pain moving an album and losing the cover art...

+1

See my comments on the subject here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62128.msg418342#msg418342

farmboybob

• Recent member
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »

I am considering using dsd files and I am hoping for support in mc16 maybe mc17  for this type of file.  I have loved the audiophile  features in your software and will of course upgrade to mc16.  Thanks  Robert

Gork

• Recent member
« Reply #270 on: March 02, 2011, 04:26:49 am »

I would like to see an ability implemented to allow MC to group a set of defined audio files into a "virtual single file."  I have many CDs which have multiple tracks for a single song, and these tracks should ALWAYS be played together.  As it is now, if I click on one track it only plays part of the song, and if I have all three tracks in a play list and choose randomize it plays the pieces of the song separately.

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #271 on: March 02, 2011, 09:57:29 am »

I would like to see an ability implemented to allow MC to group a set of defined audio files into a "virtual single file."  I have many CDs which have multiple tracks for a single song, and these tracks should ALWAYS be played together.  As it is now, if I click on one track it only plays part of the song, and if I have all three tracks in a play list and choose randomize it plays the pieces of the song separately.
Wow ! I always dreamed of that, but for a very little number of songs, so did not dare to bother you :) Would be great to also implement it in your future android player ;) (I doubt anything like that could become standard and handled by any other player...)

Raph

ricky_r

Request for function to correct "DC offset" during ripping
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2011, 04:00:22 am »

I would like to ask for a feature that corrects the DC offset of a music file during the CD ripping process before saving the file.
That is something that I currently use Wavelab for. Which creates a lot of extra work. -> Open each file in wavelab. Choose function to correct DC offset. Save file again.
As this function has no parameters to set, it could be integrated as a flag option in the encoding settings dialog.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up