INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you add a file to "Television --> Recordings" View in Theater View?  (Read 2236 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

I've got some TS files recoded from another prog (still disliking JTV files ... anyway..) what tags do I need for them to appear in TheaterViews under Television --> Recordings?  I tried changing Genre to "TV Recordings" but no luck....

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

raym

• MC Beta Team

I'm not sure if you can get non-jtv files appearing there?? Maybe as long as they reside under MC's recordings folder?... not sure. I've just created my own "TV Recordings" view(s) for this. Having siad that though, if you take a look at the "Television Program" file info template under Theater View options, that might help identify the fields needed.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Now that I am trying to use MC to do my scheduled recordings, I also have a pile of recordings done as .ts or dvr-ms files  from my previous recording system that I'd like to have show up under Television->Recordings.

I see the Television View is using a display filter of [=TVInfo(IsRecordedProgram)]=[1] which my recordings don't get picked up by.

Can I tag them somehow so they will ?

My other attempt was I thought if I added another rule of genre=TV Recordings (all my recordings are tagged as TV Recordings) I might see them, but I still don't , but I assume this is because the rules are beging evaluated with an AND.  Can I do an OR somehow in the rules?

Or is there a better way of making the non-mc TV recordings appear in the TRelevision view?

Thanks
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Only MC recorded programs get picked up as "Recorded Program".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Well not quite  ;D - In looking at the differences between the tags, there are the TV specific ones like Artist, TV Channel, Actors, Keywords, Access Ratings, and Description that get populated.  They one you need for it to appear in the Recorded Program view is adding <Field Name="Recording Rule ID">778243777</Field> (no idea what the value means - I just took it from another one). 

While you can not see "Recording Rule ID" in the Tag windows or as a Library Field, if you add this one item to any video's Sidecar file then "Update Library from Tags" it will then show up in Recorded Programs.

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Good detective work.

Here are what we currently look for:

jtv, jts files - they are automatically assumed to be our recordings.
ts file - must have Recording Rule ID, so we know it is ours.no other files are allowed for now.

Maybe we could relax this a bit.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

;D - Does the value of the # / format mean anything as while most are different, some the same in my recordings.

It would be good to let us tag files to appear in this view, simply because of the WAF.  When I was playing with the Mux JTV --> MKV, the resultant MKV files did not show up in this view.  I then tried others progs to TV Record.  The problem was then trying to explain to the Wife/Kids what files showed up where in MC....All too hard!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I'd suggest anything with "Genre"=TV Recordings shows up in all the relevant views.....
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Yaobing,
Relaxing would be good.

Jim

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Yaobing,
Relaxing would be good.

Jim

Thanks Jim, us "relaxed" types down under would like that :)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

I'm considering jmones request to have the genre "TV Recordings" show as the "relaxing", but I did actually have another request that I guesss I should raise now if this is being considered....

I'l like to be able to group my recordings (as I do now) into "Kids Shows", "News and current affairs" and a few other categories.  I have been using the file path up to now, but obviously can't using MC recording.

I was considering trying to use the genre (or another tag) for this but would need to be able to set it when setting up a recording/subscription.  So could we have a tag that we set when setting up a recording to be able to group TV recording types somehow please?

Keep "relaxing" Yaobing :D

Thanks
Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Here are the tags currently used:

Code: [Select]
<Field Name="Filename">\\RUMPUS\Media\Video\TV Recordings\ANZ Netball Championship 2010-08-10.ts</Field>
<Field Name="Recording Rule ID">572962657</Field>
<Field Name="Stack View">0</Field>
<Field Name="Media Sub Type">TV Show</Field>
<Field Name="Series">Netball</Field>
<Field Name="Name">Test Series: 1st Test</Field>
<Field Name="Genre">TV Recordings</Field>
<Field Name="TV Channel">64156</Field>
<Field Name="Duration">7801</Field>
<Field Name="Playback Info">(1:2)(12:DTVProgramID)(4:1569)(9:CropEdges)(1:1)</Field>
<Field Name="Bitrate">22695</Field>
<Field Name="Stack Top">-1</Field>
<Field Name="Compression">ts video (video: MPEG-2 Video, audio: AC3)</Field>
<Field Name="Date Recorded">40400.6666666666642413</Field>
<Field Name="Keywords">Sports Group</Field>
<Field Name="Access Rating">G</Field>
<Field Name="Description">Netball.</Field>
<Field Name="Artist">ONE HD</Field>

Of these I'm guessing to categorise TV Recordings further you could use:
"Media Sub Type" = currently uses TV Show, but you could have Sport, Kids, etc etc
"Keywords" = I've got ones with Sports Group, Drama, Live, Arts and Livings (so I guess there are heaps more )
"Artist" = Channel Name
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Here are the tags currently used:

Code: [Select]
<Field Name="Filename">\\RUMPUS\Media\Video\TV Recordings\ANZ Netball Championship 2010-08-10.ts</Field>
<Field Name="Recording Rule ID">572962657</Field>
<Field Name="Stack View">0</Field>
<Field Name="Media Sub Type">TV Show</Field>
<Field Name="Series">Netball</Field>
<Field Name="Name">Test Series: 1st Test</Field>
<Field Name="Genre">TV Recordings</Field>
<Field Name="TV Channel">64156</Field>
<Field Name="Duration">7801</Field>
<Field Name="Playback Info">(1:2)(12:DTVProgramID)(4:1569)(9:CropEdges)(1:1)</Field>
<Field Name="Bitrate">22695</Field>
<Field Name="Stack Top">-1</Field>
<Field Name="Compression">ts video (video: MPEG-2 Video, audio: AC3)</Field>
<Field Name="Date Recorded">40400.6666666666642413</Field>
<Field Name="Keywords">Sports Group</Field>
<Field Name="Access Rating">G</Field>
<Field Name="Description">Netball.</Field>
<Field Name="Artist">ONE HD</Field>

Of these I'm guessing to categorise TV Recordings further you could use:
"Media Sub Type" = currently uses TV Show, but you could have Sport, Kids, etc etc
"Keywords" = I've got ones with Sports Group, Drama, Live, Arts and Livings (so I guess there are heaps more )
"Artist" = Channel Name

OK, but I need a way of setting some (or one) of these when creating a Subscription/Recording using MC, I already usethese when using my other software as I generate a sidecar file when the recording finishes.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Got it - so you would like the ability to see (and if you wanted to) edit these tags when setting up the recording.  Sounds good!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up