INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Server - questions and comments  (Read 3487 times)

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Remote Server - questions and comments
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:28:38 am »

I have just found the remote server function and think it's ace! I have been using VNC up until now but this now allows me to use my phone (symbian) to control MC throughout the house with no laptop required.

There are a few things that would be nice though, hopefully someone can tell me how to do them or tell me if they are available in a later version:

1. The text is small and my fingers are clumsy, can i remove the option to delete tracks? This makes is safer for friends to mess about with.

2. Can i make the text bigger so i can read it easier? I can do this in my browser but then every other page becomes too big.

3. MC isn't always left in the right zone. Can I have a way to select zones? Or specify a zone for remote server to always play through? Or have a different page/server/port number for each zone?

4. Make it password protected? It's really cool and I want to show it off to everybody, but i know as soon as i do my mates will be logging on in the middle of the night and waking me to Black Sabbath blasting though the house. Although very funny i don't think this will go down well with the wife and will become tiring quickly!

[I could block access from outside but it is useful to let the phone have access when it is connected on it's own network and out of range of the wifi]

I'm hoping that the page is in xml or html and can be easily edited, please tell me so?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote Server - questions and comments
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:31:42 am »

Remote Server can't be changed.  But take a look at WebRemote in MC15.  It's on the MC15 board.  It's graphical.

Also look at remote control options on the Third Party board here.  There are several.

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Re: Remote Server - questions and comments
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:23:08 am »

Thanks Jim, looks like i'll be upgrading soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up