INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Browser weirdness  (Read 1026 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Internet Browser weirdness
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:38 am »

Hello,
I asked this question in MC14 forum 5 times but never got an answer.. Let me try it here.

Does MC use different internet browser engines (or whatever it's called) in Standard and Theater View?

My problem (MC14 and MC15, same behavior on two different computers):
When I start an mms stream from a web page in Standard View it plays nicely in the internal MC viewer, however, when I start the same stream from the same web page in Theater View, Windows Media Player pops-out and shows the video! I don't want to see WMP, I want my video in MC.

Please help me to rid of WMP in Theater View!

Thanks!

--max

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Internet Browser weirdness
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:07:31 pm »

The hooks that look for web media links aren't running when you show a webpage inside Theater View.

They show dialogs that aren't designed for Theater View, so this wouldn't be a trivial change.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 02:45:46 pm »

Thanks, Matt!
I am not sure I understand the hooks but it looks like I am stuck with WMP there, right?

The hooks that look for web media links aren't running when you show a webpage inside Theater View.

They show dialogs that aren't designed for Theater View, so this wouldn't be a trivial change.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:54:34 am »

May I bump this topic?
Matt -
Can this be fixed? Not right away but eventually..
This behavior is really frustrating. Works in the Standard View, doesn't work the Theater View. OK, there's a dialog offering either to play or record. Can you make it to just play in the Theater View without any dialog? Currently, I either have to take my butt off the couch and click tiny arrows in the Standard View or deal with Windows Media Player which pops out and plays the stream.
Muchos gracias,
--max
Pages: [1]   Go Up