INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Theater View  (Read 1760 times)

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Problem with Theater View
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:04:55 pm »

I have noticed that in MC15 when I go into Theater view and am using a mouse, as I move the cursor up to the top to go and click on selection a control toolbar pops down and blocks my normal navigation.  Is there a way to stop this from happening?  I searched through the options menu but I do not see any obvious way to stop this functionality.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:33:51 pm »

Try the latest build from the top of this board.

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:12:56 am »

This still happens with build 23. I'm having trouble pinning-down the exact behaviour, but it happens consistently when the last position of the mouse pointer is near the top of the screen, and then the remote is used to start play. I experience this quite often because I use a button on my top toolbar to switch to Theatre View, and then use a remote.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:26 am »

when the last position of the mouse pointer is near the top of the screen, and then the remote is used to start play.

Yes, I see this too. When the mouse pointer is left near the edges of the screen and I use the remote to play something.   
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 03:49:13 am »

When the mouse pointer is left near the edges of the screen and I use the remote to play something.

Yes, that's a better description, although (FWIW) it doesn't happen for me when the pointer is near the bottom edge—only top and sides.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 01:54:27 pm »

...and if allowed to fade, it still prevents the video from playing properly. This can only be fixed by moving the mouse pointer away from the edges. This, of course, is impossible if a remote is being used. >:(

I suppose the Player Bar appears because the behaviour goes with Display View. But it's completely out-of-place when invoked from Theatre View. If it's considered a necessary accommodation for those who insist on controlling Theatre View with a mouse, it should be optional.
Pages: [1]   Go Up