INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX Version  (Read 5976 times)

Novatlan

• Recent member
OSX Version
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:32:09 am »

Hello!

I registered to write this message :)
On Google I stumbled across your forum thread from October 2009 where you looked for people wanting an OSX port.
I am very sorry that you abandoned your plans. I would _very_ much like an OSX version. I would have switched to MC long go, but I don't have any Windows PCs.
I think the public reaction to your forum post back then was to slim because OSX users do not frequent this forum. I didn't even know about the topic back then, otherwise I had answered.
So please consider making an OSX port! We want to get away from iTunes.

Novatlan

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: OSX Version
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:06:29 pm »

If a quality home theatre application came to the Mac, I'm sure it'd sell. The AppleTV and MacMini are used by many people for these applications.. or would be if there were more competition than just Plex and iTunes.

Novatlan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:02:13 am »

It would sell for sure.
The big problem really is that people won't notice MC on the mac until there is a mac version. I mean, why should any mac user come here - the app is just for Windows :)

What I would need is a really powerful database for managing tens of thousands of tracks. And iTunes just cannot do this. It is very limited in terms of tags (no custom fields), very slow and totally bloated.

So please port MC over to the Mac! Please :)

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:56 am »

MT5FR

Novatlan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:11 am »

Please kindly read my opening post: This is exactly the thread I am referring to.

I still stand to my opinion: You did not find enough people to pre-order an OSX version, because OSX users won't look in forums for Windows applications. Why should they? If you make an OSX version, it will sell like mad. Lots of people are unhappy with iTunes, but there is no alternative.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 09:56:18 am »

On the other hand, it make it a risky proposition for JRiver to invest a lot of time, effort and money on a Mac version based solely on our say-so. Perhaps a poll on a Mac-specific forum would make sense? Here we're hitting only the very small subset of MC users who are cross-platform users.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 09:58:22 am »

Maybe someone could post the question on a Mac forum.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 11:14:43 am »

Maybe someone could post the question on a Mac forum.

Jim, I'm no longer on any Mac forums, but I'll see if I still remember my passwords to the ones I was a member of years ago. Would you consider creating a poll in the Mac-specific section of the AVS HTPC forum? I could do this, but I think it would look better coming from the company itself, no?

Robb

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 10:57:45 am »

Media Center on OSX would eat iTunes lunch. Fortune favors the bold!

tiff_needle

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:00 am »

Most of the Audiophile community uses either mac mini, mac book pro or iMac...

I think that J River would gain a lot on developing a OSx version of MC.

Any intentions of investing on the OSx platform.

I've been a windows user since the early 80's but as a media center solution I prefer by a large margin say a mac mini for various reasons.

If you ask the audiophile community most of them will reply that they hate iTunes and prefer J Rivers's MC if it would be possible to run on a OSx based machine.

Don't forget that on of the largest consuming markets in this area is in the US and OSx based machines are everywhere.

Please consider making a OSX version of the MC!

It would pay off. Just my two cent.

Don't take my word for it, why not ask the computeraudiophile community?

Cheers,

Tiff

Pages: [1]   Go Up