INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC Currently Support the iPad...  (Read 4667 times)

alexhenes

• Recent member
Does MC Currently Support the iPad...
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:07:43 pm »

if not... when?

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Does MC Currently Support the iPad...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 04:44:24 pm »

HI,

it depends what you expect. If you want to control MC with iPad then yes (try xpTunes or webremote). If you expect streaming... i don't know.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 06:57:42 pm »

Does the iPad have any way of using remote desktop ?

A RDP client you install on the iPad and it goes to the pc where MC runs.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »

Media Center v15 WebPlay and WebRemote both work with the iPad.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alexhenes

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:13 pm »

will MC sync files to the iPad?

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

Media Center v15 WebPlay and WebRemote both work with the iPad.
Yeah, i guess these will work.

But the ultimate would be to have a RDP display on the iPad or any other tablet like interface. The two options you mentioned are much more limited in this regard tho they do the job especailly the webremote.

rjm

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:45:16 am »

I am considering buying an iPad as a no compromise pdf ebook reader.

But only if there is a way to sync my pdf's that are managed by MC.

If anyone gets MC to iPad pdf sync working I would appreciate a comment here.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:35:40 pm »

I don't have an ipad so I don't know...but did apple lock the ipad down like they did the iphone or did they leave it open?
Meaning if you connect the ipad to your computer, does it show up as a drive under "my computer"?
If not, then they probably have it locked and encrypted and then I wouldn't expect it to ever be supported for syncing with MC.

horse

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:27 pm »

Without iTunes it doesn't even charge on my MacBookPro with MC15 loaded using Win 7 Bootcamped. It needs to see iTunes before the charging get enabled!!!!! The only thing I can see when I plug in the iPad is a folder that appears with photo's.

Basically, MC15 does not see it or a drive, no charging via USB without iTunes (or some special driver) all Win 7 sees it as it a "Camera" device and I can browse the phtos in the DCIM directory.

HMMMMMMmmmm. Seems all comapnies that get too big, start doing stupid things. . . . . . I HATE iTunes and do not have it on ANY PC, only the Mac

2 Years ago I didn't have an Apple device in the house, I now have pretty much the suite of them, and now they start dictating that I have to use iTunes
Time to rethink!

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 07:58:57 am »

Stop thinking and use Android :)
There will be some pretty good pads with it soon I think.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:26 am »

right now you can say what you will, but android flat out lags behind apple's system. the iphone is better than the droid enabled phones. ipods are the best portable media players and the ipad is now the tablet that all others will be measured by.

i hate apple for shutting out so many 3rd parties, but i'm not going to stop using their products because they are the best and most functional that i've found.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:18 am »

I invited a friend for a beer after work last night.  He has an iphone.  He got my message at 10:00PM.

I rest my case.

MrHaugen

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:13 am »

Apple have a good head start as well. Remember that. Google have improved their products significantly the past year or two. My HTC Desire is now up to as responsive and fast as the iPhone feels like. There is more than enough programs to it to do most, if not all, of the things you'd like. There is no limits as to what you can do with it. Nobody tells you what to do. This far surpasses the slightly more stream lined, locked down products of Apple imo. Google is soon ready to release it's OS for bigger devices, and as Apple does, they will also try to bring this computer OS and the Android phone OS' together at one point. I'm sure that they will catch up fast.

I'd much rather beta test on a promising system than to fall in the evil clutches of Apple. I fear for a Apple world monopoly on phones and computers. Seriously! That would be freaking scary.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

RickBryan

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »

I never considered buying an Apple product until i saw this ipad thing over someone's shoulder.  i went to best buy and fooled around with it a bit, and took a chance and now to me it's simply a truly amazing device which i carry and use throughout the entire day.  Mostly for fun stuff, but i can control my windows 7 pc from my ipad; didn't need to buy a Garmin GPS because an iPad app is much better, and on and on and on.  There's an application for transferring pc files to the ipad, and pdfs and .mp4's and exchange email and on and on and on.   there's an application which lets you hold the ipad up towards the evening sky and shows the constellations and planets and nebula and distant galaxies.  unreal.  Most disappointingly though is that the iPad simply is not recognized by MC, so right there the ipad loses have of what could have been to me so much more than it is.  I got that from Yogi Berra.  But you get my point.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 09:41:01 am »

I invited a friend for a beer after work last night.  He has an iphone.  He got my message at 10:00PM.

I rest my case.

That will be the network operator not the iphone!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up