INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Problem sending files to external application with library server  (Read 1967 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've only just started using library server, and I think it's going to be awesome for my needs. However, I've run into a problem.
Background:
I've found that playback of HD mkvs on my HTPC in MC to run at a slower than optimal framerate in recent builds. The audio goes out of sync very quickly. To get around this I send my files to MPC-HC.

Issue:
Files sent to MPC-HC when connected to library server cannot be played by MPC-HC because they're presented as having a weird file path. Both the server and the HTPC should have identical filepaths for all media because I've mapped the user shares on my unraid network server. Also, if I right click on an item in standard view and ask it to locate on disk (external), it cannot do so. Yet I know that if I 'restored' a copy of that very same library on my HTPC, it cvould play that file because:
a) The file exists
b) The path of that file is the same in both server and HTPC, so the libraries (zip files) are interchangable.

Can anyone help getting the files to play or be located correctly? Is this a library server bug?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I'm away from my PC so may get this a bit wrong.  I do this for ISO files but under file type you need to change the default to custom, external program and on the options put in the path field.
JRiver CEO Elect

cncb

• MC Beta Team

There is a prefix added to the Filename field by Library Server.  If you do what jmone says and explicitly use "[Filename (path)][Filename (name)]" as the argument to the external exe it should work (this works for me to edit images in an external program).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Thanks guys. I'll try that.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Just checked - all I put in is the field "[Filename]" (quotes included) and it works for me.
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

That's how I have it setup too jmone, but I get a message stating that it could not find the file. The path shown is weird too: %20s etc. I'll take a note of the exact error message next time I'm home. It works fine for MC to play the files.
Also, if I try to do a locate file (external) it fails to find the file and gives the same message.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

If you use the two fields together as I recommended it gets the "normal" path (as imported) instead of the "library client" path.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

If you use the two fields together as I recommended it gets the "normal" path (as imported) instead of the "library client" path.

Thanks cncb. I only got home at 11 pm last night, so I didn't try it. I'll work on this tonight. I already set this up for my desktop PC yesterday - will do it for the HTPC later today.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

Yup- that did the trick. Thanks to you both.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Good to hear....I wonder why mine works with just "[Filename]" (also works for rpalmer68) for mounting ISO....
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up