INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect MC to UPnP server?  (Read 4474 times)

rldoose

• Recent member
Connect MC to UPnP server?
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:02:29 pm »

I have a Dlink DNS-321 network storage device that I use to store my multimedia files.  It has an onboard UPNP server and I can connect to it from iTunes no problem.  Can I connect to this server from MC?  When I search for media servers, it is not found.  Perhaps there is a way to connect to it manually?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connect MC to UPnP server?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:32 pm »

I have a Dlink DNS-321 network storage device that I use to store my multimedia files.  It has an onboard UPNP server and I can connect to it from iTunes no problem.  Can I connect to this server from MC?  When I search for media servers, it is not found.  Perhaps there is a way to connect to it manually?

Thanks!
Please try MC15.  See the options under Tools/Options/Network.  Our wiki has information on DLNA (UPnP).  Other Dlink devices do work.  I'm not familiar with that one.

rldoose

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 01:57:42 pm »

Thanks!  I was looking at the upgrade instructions even as you post came in.  I did look at the Wiki, but found nothing about connecting to a server, only using MC as a server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 02:01:16 pm »

Here's the DLNA article:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DLNA

If you have a DLNA server, MC can play from it.  In this case, MC is the DLNA Renderer (playback device).
Pages: [1]   Go Up