INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet  (Read 4698 times)

MusicMon

• Junior Woodchuck
option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:13:14 pm »

It seems to me that the option to download cover art from internet has been removed from MJ14! am I right?

Trilyan

• Recent member
Re: option to download MJ 14 Cover Art from internet
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 11:56:06 am »

i can't find it either  ?

Leito

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 04:53:07 pm »

Me neither. Now Google Images is the best way to get cover arts.

FreeFrag

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:32:37 am »

Kind of makes the upgrade less of an upgrade, I found it pretty easy that it updated automatically.

J.Eff

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »

Yeah, I'm disappointed that the function on the Right-Click "Get cover from internet" has disappeared !
This was so convenient
:(

AlexSolonik

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 05:45:10 pm »

Will there be a reply from someone as to why this feature is not there?
I downloaded Media Jukebox from http://www.mediajukebox.com/

On that page it says:
  Automatic CD, Album art and Track look-up

Very disappointed to find an advertised feature not included. This is sort of a basic feature, which is included in pretty much every other media player I've used. From what I've read on these forums, it used to be included, but was removed in the latest version?

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 02:00:06 pm »

Yeah, was this omission an oversight, buggy or was it taken out intentionally?

Another annoyance for me (maybe I have been away for too long) is that when one is editing a tag, and clicks on the data, the window below opens up to allow editing; making one think that you mis-clicked and are editing the tag below it; I was much more happy editing the data in-place, just to the right of the data tag.

==
roognation
human electrode

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 03:01:47 pm »

Bump...
==
roognation
human electrode

amozarte

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 06:11:02 am »

I must be daft because I'm having the same problem and can't find a forum thread that addresses the issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 11:10:02 am »

Cover art download is now a Media Center only feature.

You might try Media Center.  Support from users like you is how we can continue to make software.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 05:01:51 pm »

Cover art download is now a Media Center only feature.

Too bad.  That feature will be missed.

You may want to update your marketing materials: they falsely advertise automatic album art lookup:
from http://www.mediajukebox.com/

==
roognation
human electrode

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 06:49:41 pm »

If cover art is important, why not upgrade to MC15?   I'm asking the question, not trying to get you to do it.  It would be helpful to know.

Thanks.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 08:33:08 pm »

If cover art is important, why not upgrade to MC15?   I'm asking the question, not trying to get you to do it.  It would be helpful to know.

I do own a license for MC (somewhere around here), I'll have to update to 15, but for the last couple of years, I have not been using all the features of MC and have opted for the freely available MJ on new installations/OS images.  It's just easier that way (managing registrations/licenses/etc).

I could be mistaken, but as I recall the last time I upgraded, I found that MC does not allow one to natively rip to MP3.  Another upgrade ($$$) / more frustration (LAME works externally, but command line options and a DOS window? puhleeez).  So, even after paying to get MC, I still have less encoding-functionality than the Fraunhofer-MP3-enabled iTunes or MusicMatch (now defunct?).  I hate to do it, but I might as well encode in iTunes and use MJ/MC for playback.

To charge for new features sounds fair.  But, to take away a standard feature that has existed for years (and even advertised as such) is slightly devious.  As a consumer in this digital age, I would expect to download a new version of a program and see all the features from the last version, not less.

"Best file organization of any digital music jukebox"
Will probably not apply now that the automatic cover-art has been disabled.

"Automatic CD, Album art and Track look-up"
Yeah, not so much.

I read a post a while back from another audio-centric user that would have paid for an audio-only version that was souped up (I think he was after ASIO functionality).  I think there is a "simplified" or other modification to the MC user-interface, but maybe you need to add an AUDIO mode to MC to make it easier for us audio-people to upgrade to MC.  In my mind, that AUDIO mode would be the paid version of MJ.

Thanks for reading.
==
roognation
human electrode

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 08:42:10 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

MC does include MP3 encoding.

If you need help finding your license, let me know.  You can have your licenses e-mailed to you from the Restore Page.  See the Purchase link above to find it.

timbuk2

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:22:20 am »

I was searching for a thread discussing the differences/change log from MJ 12.0.49 to version 14 when I found this thread.  I'm glad I did, Version 12 is awesome and I'd certainly miss the cover art option. Not sure yet if there is a compromise version with any updates without getting to the latest version and losing that feature.  Awesome program.

amozarte

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 09:37:03 pm »

Thanks.

Jim, here's my "off the cuff" feedback:

Price of admission is a little steep for me.  Now, don't get me wrong- I believe in paying money for value and MC offers a lot of great features.  The trouble is that I don't think I want/need all the advanced features I'd be paying for.  I use MJ in a very basic way- to rip new CDs, manage my collection, and sync to my iPod & Android phone (HTC Incredible, in case you're curious).  And if I'm comparing apples to Apple (see what I did there?), iTunes covers the basics for free.  I was even a little annoyed at paying $10 for the MJ mp3 encoder license since that's also free in iTunes and, as another poster said, external LAME "integration" into MJ is, well.. poor.  So I spent the $10 for added convenience.  For me, to pay another $50 for the relatively basic feature set I'll actually use is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

That said, I would tell you that the ability to play my library over the net through the Android app is an enticing feature that has me seriously considering MC.  Still, the obstacle to purchasing right now is that I've encountered a lot of bugs with MJ.  The first one is an error window that routinely occurs after syncing.  It tells that me MJ "ran into problems moving or copying files".  I'm guessing it was trying to update my ratings because that was the only thing that had changed between syncs.  By the by, the ratings DID update appropriately so I haven't the foggiest what the problem is.

The bigger problem came when one day about a week or two ago, for no reason I could discern, I plugged in my iPod (120gb Classic) and both it and MJ froze.  I had to reset my iPod and, even with it disconnected MJ continued to freeze when I attempted to access my library.  I wound up needing a fresh reinstall of MJ.  I even had to wipe out my library and re-import from the files because the fresh install would crash again if I restored my old library.

I've used Winamp (free version) and iTunes for years without any similar problems so it's going to take some error-free time with MJ before I'll feel comfortable dropping $50.
Pages: [1]   Go Up