INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Happy Result  (Read 2029 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
A Happy Result
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:06:03 pm »

I just ripped a CD on my wife's computer. I was using the local Library, but have it set to rip to our server. Then I went to my computer with MC15 using the local library and it showed up without having to do a sync or anything. From my machine I added a cover image for the album on the local Library, and it showed up on both of our other computers Local Libraries. And MC was already on on each computer, so it's not that it just updated when opening MC

Up until last weekend I always ran each machine logged onto the Server Library, instead of using the local library - thought I had to. I haven't tried to do other things, such as deletions from a Client, but know that is something people have been asking for. BTW all our computers have V 15.035.

So not sure if this result has been a feature for awhile, or if it is fairly new. In any case I sure like it and wanted to post a compliment to JRiver for how wonderfully this works.

Thanks,
Rod

PS  Tonight we watch our first movie using MC. With a new video card that drives our old CRT TV and Theater View I'm looking forward to it. Just ordered one of the JRiver remotes, but for now have to 'mouse it'. The movie is War of the Worlds (2005 version). With the high sound quality of MC15 feeding our old Klipschorns, and new Danley DTS-10 sub it should be an eventful evening!

modelmaker

Re: A Happy Result
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:12:43 pm »

Klipschorns?!! How big is the room? Got enuff room for more than a small couch? ;D "Haven't seen or heard a pair of those in a looong time.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »

Klipschorns?!! How big is the room? Got enuff room for more than a small couch? ;D "Haven't seen or heard a pair of those in a looong time.

The room is small for the Khorns at 19' x 13', but I love them anyway. Compared to many of today's speakers they are large, but since they fit snugly in corners they actually take up very little floor space. With most modern floor standers needing to be well out from the wall the Khorns are less in the way. But you DO KNOW they are there. Actually with our Danley Tapped Horn sub the Khorns look much smaller. It's 43" x 60" x 16" deep. It was a kit that was offered for just a few months by Danley and I'm really glad we got it. They now only sell the assembled version, and it's about 3 times the price. Anyway I love being fully horn loaded and relatively flat all the way down to about 11 hertz.

To get this on topic for the MC15 forum I should say how pleased I was with the SQ tonight watching War of The Worlds. For those of you with a good sub, the 'pods emerging' scene is absolutely awesome! Our rec room is on a concrete slab, but it felt like our two story house was shaking so violently that I ended up turning the volume down. There were heavy waves of subsonic energy hitting and shaking us and I was actually afraid of structural damage. The amazing thing with this Danley sub is that it all seemed very clean and I never had any sense of it struggling to keep up.

So thanks again to JRiver for providing a media player with such remarkable fidelity!

Rod

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:01:15 am »

Afraid of structural damage.  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:34:37 am »

You're welcome.  Thanks for taking time to post your results.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 10:57:08 am »

Structural Damage?! If I bring the popcorn, can I come and watch a movie? :)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 11:17:32 am »

Structural Damage?! If I bring the popcorn, can I come and watch a movie? :)

Sure - just remember to bring your hard hat!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 02:05:09 pm »

I was considering using the local library/autoimport approach (at least until the Library Server functionality is improved) but I don't see a good way to share playlists in this scenario.  Also, if you delete a file does it update the other libraries via autoimport?  That is, is it removed from each local library since the file no longer exists or does it just appear as "missing" in the other libraries?
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 03:07:52 pm »

I was considering using the local library/autoimport approach (at least until the Library Server functionality is improved) but I don't see a good way to share playlists in this scenario.  Also, if you delete a file does it update the other libraries via autoimport?  That is, is it removed from each local library since the file no longer exists or does it just appear as "missing" in the other libraries?

Hi Craig - We don't use Playlists yet, so can't help you there.

So I first deleted a movie (had 2 copies of it for some reason) only at the Local Library. No change on another Client. Then I deleted the movie and had the file sent to the recycle bin. Still showed on another Client. If I try to play it I get an error of course.

I think this issue is one that has been brought up several times. Do hope that they will be able to fix it.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up