INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Look-Ups / Default Disk player  (Read 3969 times)

rhowland

• Recent member
CD Look-Ups / Default Disk player
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Not sure if anyone will see or respond to this for that matter. My older REGISTERED/PAID-FOR version MC 12.0.534 seems to no longer look up any CDs at all. If I look up using WMP, then right click the drive in MP then 'update from CDPlayer.ini' the response is "Information for this CD is not found in CDPlayer.ini. Just to reiterate, the CDs I'm looking up are pretty mainstream; Rod's Stewarts The Great American Songbook, John Ledgen Evolver. Again, no CD look up seems to work any longer.

Also, Media Player is not the default player for a CD. It's not even listed as a when a CD is inserted, nor is it listed if I go to my control panel to set my default programs. Yet, I can still open MC and then play the CD. (I hope, I really hope, that these issues aren't a form of planned obsolescence to encourage an upgrade. I had that kind of fun with Music Match years ago)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Look-Ups / Default Disk player
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:17:31 pm »

There have been no changes to YADB that could affect CD lookup for MC12.  Maybe your firewall or OS have changed?

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:40:35 pm »

Something HAS changed. THAT'S TRUE!  New PC, Vista Junk Operating System (still purchased version of MC).... As I type this, I'm watching the Brooks & Dunn dedication and thought I'd upgrade my existing "Brand New Man" (album name) rip to FLAC format..., but alas..."No tag information for the CD in drive F was found...." I ripped this originally with MC years ago with no problem. Currently, with my firewall settings, Windows Media Player looks finds the album/track info immediately! If it's a firewall setting what should I do? If it's Vista, I'm not surprised, but let me know!

( I had a second issue in my original message; I guess I'll start a new feed."

rhowland

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 07:37:04 pm »

Months and months later, I now have different virus protection and firewall. Still, look-ups never, ever find anything. As a matter of fact, I've disabled my firewall altogether. Still look-ups consistently work fine with with Windows Media Player. Do have any real suggestions? Is this a friendly push to go to the newer versions? (I'm a bankrupt dude, not cheap.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up