INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote  (Read 98213 times)

v_erich

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Gizmo -- stream your media from home -- or use Android as a remote
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2013, 01:38:23 am »

Hi,

today it is working with the normal access key method!
Tried it yesterday, not working but today no problem!

Thanks an kind regards,
Erich

arjansmeulders

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2014, 09:50:42 am »

Hi.  Probably not the place.   Where is the good old "contact" button...

I'm using Gizmo for a few months now.
But all of sudden it stops at the "Resume Playback" screen. Tapping it doesn't get me to the player anymore.
Uninstalled Gizmo and reinstalled. Same issue. Anyone who can help me out, I'm just not the perso n to figure this one out.

cheers

arjan, Rotterdam

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2014, 10:15:14 am »

Start at the "Gizmo" topic on our wiki.  Make sure Media Network is set on the server.

maid

Confused.

I can connect to gizmo on 3g but cant play movies.

I cant connect using flashfox through 3g but can on my wifi.

Can someone please help
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

adamt

• Galactic Citizen

Confused.

I can connect to gizmo on 3g but cant play movies.

I cant connect using flashfox through 3g but can on my wifi.

Can someone please help

What exactly happens when you try to play movies?  Does it work to play through WebGizmo?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

maid

preparing....error communicating with server.

I can view images. does not ask for login

Using flashfox I can watch videos but only through wifi and I have to log in
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

anybody??

gizmo works on 3g but only for pic no video

webgizmo cant even get to login on 3g

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 06:58:47 am »

Afternoon Guys feature request on both JRiver and Gizmo for Android please ?

JRiver request - Could you please add a setting or feature that deletes or not play long silences as some tracks contain "hidden tracks"
and the silences in those tracks are sometimes very very long and annoying.

Gizmo request - Could you please add a setting or feature that scrolls the name of the Artist or Song title every 15 or 20 seconds especially
where the song title is very long and does not display complete on the playing now screen.

Thank you and regards
JJ

Latour

• Recent member

I experience a problem with gizmo and srt subtitles. Although they playback fine and synchronized along with their video file, They start from the beginning if i try to seek the video, desynchronising them completely.

I want to bump this issue. I have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? This issue limits the usability of a otherwise great app substantially for all people from non English speaking countries.

take_five

Please add a functionality to switch audio streams in videos. Even toggle function without selection would be fantastic! Very difficult when a wrong language is set...
Currently I have to go to the MC, launch the video and change language - then it would stream to Gizmo with the chosen language. Would be very convenient if it could be done remotely.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam

In MC's settings, you can set your preferred language.

tribon

I rally love JRiver Gizmo but PLEASE add new functionality:
stars visible in album view.

It is really difficult to pick favourite tracks without such functionality. I can build proper views with only 4 and 5 star track but is not the same compared to such list.

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:54 am »

Didn't see a suggestion section so I'll post here.

Having the ability to turn on subtitles via Gizmo would be great.

clue50

« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2017, 07:11:39 pm »

Hi,

I  want to connect my Verizon tablet to JRiver so I do not have to go my laptop every time I want to change the music selection. I have tried several things but cannot get JRiver to open on the tablet. I am new to this and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2017, 01:48:21 am »

Welcome to the forum.  There are some instructions here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Gizmo

How far did you get?  Where are you stuck?

It's possible that Verizon has their own app store and that apps must be downloaded there.

skifastbadly

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2017, 06:03:10 pm »

Hi,

I  want to connect my Verizon tablet to JRiver so I do not have to go my laptop every time I want to change the music selection. I have tried several things but cannot get JRiver to open on the tablet. I am new to this and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

First did you go into options and set up the Media Network?  You have to turn it on, and then it will assign a key that you will enter into the Gizmo app.   Second, did the Gizmo app download properly and when you run it does it ask for a key?  Hard to know where to go next until those are known.

Hi All,

I'm brand new to JRiver so excuse me if i stumble around a little.

I'm setting up a system, i have tested JRiver and Gizmo and got it to do all i need it to do, but i have a problem i can't figure out.

I need to setup the system in a closed loop with no internet access, so basically i want the following setup.

Laptop with an attached USB drive containing all my music files, connected via CAT5 to a modem with wifi and 4 port router. My playback device is DNLA and also connected to the modem via CAT5, control via an android phone connected to the wifi network.

It seems that without an internet connection i can't get Gizmo to connect to the "server"... from the MC23 screen i can control the system, but for the life of me i can't get Gizmo to connect. As soon as i rewire everything to our internet connected network it works.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam

Welcome to Interact. 

Gizmo is trying to lookup your IP address from the Access Key you have entered.

Instead of your Access Key, enter the IP address of the MC machine.

Thanks Jim,

all working.

Catskinner

• Recent member
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2017, 12:44:25 am »

Are there any plans to support Android Auto?

I currently use a Pioneer AppRadio head unit with a wireless HDMI to mirror the screen, ARUnchained to replicate the touch screen and Car Home Ultra as a launcher for when I'm driving. However this won't work with my next car which will probably have a  built in multimedia supporting Android Auto and I want to continue streaming music from the JRiver media server at home while driving.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2017, 01:54:23 am »

Are there any plans to support Android Auto?
Possibly.  We haven't taken a close look yet.

I look forward to the day when the screen in my car is just a touchscreen display for my phone.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
JRiver Gizmo - Second zone "Play Here"
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2018, 07:26:55 am »

Is there any way to get Gizmo to play a zone other than the main zone "here?" My wife uses Gizmo on her Moto in the laundry room but that controls the main zone and I'd like to listen to something different in a different room. Is there a way for her to listen "here" to another zone? Spending a little on extra hardware isn't a problem.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2021, 10:34:36 am »

Gizmo won't recognize my device. Everything is set up according to the instructions. When typing in the access code Gizmo is searching and searching, but can't find my MacBook Air 2020.

Is it propably because of my set-up? I use audio only and MC 28 latest version. All music files are on my NAS and my KEFs (active with internal dac) are fed via ethernet cable directly fromout the NAS. So MC on my Mac directs the NAS music files to the KEFs and already serves as a network thing.

If Gizmo doesn't work for me, is there any other option for remote control with my Android device?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2021, 01:17:30 pm »

On the wiki, read the topics on Media Network, Remotes, and Network Access.  It should work.  Try Panel, just as a test.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2021, 12:53:40 am »

Thanks JimH!

Didn't understand a word about the outside IP address, cause there was no way I could see it anywhere in my network settings, nor have the ability to add it anywhere. Also my router changes the IP address it gets from outside regulary. Plus to my understanding this is necessary only for connections from outside the home network?

Anyway I managed to get access to my library fromout Gizmo and can remotly control it, playing music to my KEFs. I had to switch on port release for my NAS, which I forgot. So it seems to work now. I still don't get access to my Mac where MC is running though. But I propably do not need it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2021, 02:51:47 am »

Outside is outside your LAN.  From away from home.  The Access Key works for both inside your LAN and outside, but the router must allow access.  The Network Access topic explains this.

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2021, 11:28:02 am »

Thanks again!  :D

I know what outside IP address is, but not how to configure my Mac, router and/or Gizmo with those information.

If the feed back about the Android version of Media Center was better, I would think about buying it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up