INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags changed by MC  (Read 1205 times)

Rayray

Tags changed by MC
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:40:36 am »

:-[
Hi there,
I was trying MC15, as now on Win7 x64, and before change from my MC13, I would like to try it.
So, I remove the 13, installed 15 10 days ago. Works well.

BUT YESTERDAY, WHEN RENAMING 1 FILE ON THE TAG PROPERTIES, MC CRASHES AT THE SAME TIME, AND NOW, A BIG PART OF MY FILES (315 Gigs, 55'000 files in Mp3 and Flac in total) HAVE TAKEN THE SAME NAME!

I mean not the file name, but under the tag function, the name is the same for all the files.
How can I remedy to this? Is there a routine or function somewhere that can give the right tag "name" based on the filename?

Thanks for helping...

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Tags changed by MC!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:26:35 am »

I would suggest trying the following with a single/few files at first before selecting all.

1) Select the file(s) you want to change
2) Right click then select Library tools- Fill properties from filename
3) Select the desired tagging
4) Click OK

My sympathies for your situation.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:44:06 am »

Try restoring a backup.  MC makes them automatically.

Even with a crash, it's hard to see how what you've described could have happened.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 06:44:58 am »

You could also restore a library backup file from the time just before the crash. File > Library > Restore...

MC creates automatic backup files to:
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Library Backups

(This is on Windows 7 / 32-bit. I don't have the 64-bit version installed, so I don't know if the location is exactly the same on it.)

EDIT

Jim posted while I was writing my reply...

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Tags changed by MC
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:49:10 pm »

I'm using Win 7 64 and the library backups are in the location Alex B gave. I had to change the folder options to show hidden files and folders before I could find them.

Rayray

Re: Tags changed by MC
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 02:38:49 am »

Ok, thanks to all.
I had to make it by craigmcg solution, because when the problem happens, I have tried first to rebuild totally the library, so I have deleted the libraries directories... with the backup too!
Any error has its lesson itself inside, so for the next time...
Anyway, I have done it like this, but I will check and rename manually later, because they take the full name, with album name.
Thanks again, and I hope that it's not a bug that will reproduce. Maybe better if I keep my 13 version...

Half hour later:
Put back the 13, because when trying to correct, he makes it again! but on ALL the files this time!
So I cancelled all, and put back the old version, and when rebuilding library, I just see now that not all the files are corrupted. Most part is right! Can't understand and don't wont to!
Pages: [1]   Go Up