INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing library  (Read 1365 times)

jm5546

• Recent member
Missing library
« on: June 20, 2010, 01:34:33 pm »

So, I am ripping CD's to my brand new MC15 application, and Poof, my entire library disapears! I click on all of the audio tabs, and no files/albums exist. All of the actual music files are still in the default drive location, but MC15 doesn't seem to know that they exist anymore. I've been trying to figure out how to re-establish MC15's links to these files, but have had no luck. Can anyone help me out?

The music library is in the default MC15 program location (C: drive), with the file locations specified to go to a separate, larger drive (E:). Each file contains the cover art for the album.  So....If you have a drive with all of the music files present, how do you get MC15 to "see" them?

Thank you,

Frank

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing library
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:50:15 pm »

Try "File/Library/Import..." - there you can define, from which directory you files shall be imported to the MC library.

jm5546

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 02:20:39 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion. I had been attempting to utilize the "import" feature, using the "Auto-Import" selections, thinking that it would identify and load all of the files on my data drive, but no luck. I finally figured out that I could use the "import a single folder" selection, to load each folder one-at-a-time. Definitely a pain in the rear, but better than the alternative!

Ya know, although I am very (very, very) appreciative of those that help out us poor newbies....a comprehensive manual would be REALLY nice. Seriously, how do you guys figure out how to make things  work?

Thank you again,

Frank

Al ex

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 02:32:45 pm »

Thank you for the suggestion. I had been attempting to utilize the "import" feature, using the "Auto-Import" selections, thinking that it would identify and load all of the files on my data drive, but no luck. I finally figured out that I could use the "import a single folder" selection, to load each folder one-at-a-time. Definitely a pain in the rear, but better than the alternative!
Why are you importing each folder separatly, better import just the folder, which include all the sub-folders.

Ya know, although I am very (very, very) appreciative of those that help out us poor newbies....a comprehensive manual would be REALLY nice. Seriously, how do you guys figure out how to make things  work?
Well, by trial & error - basically most of it is self explaining anyway - and asking in this forum... :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:39 pm »

What build are you using?  15.0.58 is current.
Pages: [1]   Go Up