INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.73 -- Available Here  (Read 7347 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.73 -- Available Here
« on: July 10, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150073.exe

15.0.73 (7/9/2010)

1. NEW: Theater View Playing Now fades out the album cover and increases the prominence of the background theme slideshow 15 seconds into a track (only applies if theme support is enabled).
2. NEW: The display in Theater View's Playing Now can be changed by selecting it and using left and right on the remote.
3. Changed: Theater View Playing Now command 'Big Screen' changed to 'Display View' to match terminology used elsewhere.
4. Changed: Increased the number of images used in a Theater View theme online media slideshow.
5. Changed: Theater View uses a replacement table to provide better a better online slideshow for artists like Kansas and Bush. (please submit improvements made to [MC Install Path]\Data\Default Resources\ArtistSearch.txt back to us)
6. NEW: "Services & Plugins/Amazon" now supports international Amazon stores - use button in upper right to switch among them. Defaults to current Locale country.
7. Changed: CUE files now include the file type (e.g. "WAVE") following the filename on the "FILE" line.
8. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
9. Changed: When recording television programs using transport stream format, the subchannel info is saved so correct stream will played during playback.
10. Changed: Theater View Playing Now has a 'Play' control on the second roller when stopped.
11. Changed: JRiver URL Reader filter cleans up temporary buffer files when closed, instead of waiting until MC restarts.
12. Changed: Internally the duration field can support floating point values so the database can store a block-perfect length of an audio file. (requires Update Library from Tags to fill durations with higher precision; only supported by APE, FLAC, and WAV)
13. Faster: DLNA Media Servers are much faster at responding to searches.

15.0.72 (7/7/2010)

1. Fixed: Some 3gp videos would play without audio.  Used by Android phones.
2. Changed: Streaming mov videos from Library Server will load "JRiver URL Reader" filter, if the client is configured to play mov videos in DirectShow.
3. Fixed: Right-click commands that only apply to certain lists (like 'Uncheck all' in a CD list) will only appear in the MRU list in those lists. (previously a blank spot could appear in the MRU list)
4. NEW: Added a search to WebRemote and WebPlay.
5. Changed: Audio, Images, and Video roots with WebPlay and WebRemote use media-type specific artwork.
6. Changed: If a DSP plugin is both a Winamp 2 and VST plugin, it will be used as a VST instead of as a Winamp 2 plugin.
7. Changed: Start can be added to the tree using Options > General > Features > Show Start in Tree.

15.0.71 (7/6/2010)

1. Fixed: WebRemote was not listing the last file on a library files list.
2. Fixed: The time was not showing at the root of Theater View.
3. Changed: Added support for [Date] keyword in Theater View text skin items.
4. Fixed: Switching libraries could cause a crash (only applies to build 70).
5. Fixed: Renaming a keyword (or other library item) to an empty string in the tree could cause a crash.
6. NEW: WebPlay and WebRemote paginate long lists (>250) into multiple pages. (see included templates or http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/WebEngine_SDK for more information)

15.0.70 (7/1/2010)

1. NEW: (Experimental) Digital television recording can be done in transport stream format (.ts).
2. Faster: Thumbnail lists load and operate faster, especially with large numbers of thumbnails.
3. Faster: Improved memory usage of one of the core data structures used by the program.
4. Faster: Improved performance of toolbar / breadcrumb user interface pieces.
5. Faster: View switching destroys the previous view only after the new view is showing, making view switches faster.
6. Faster: Reduced the amount of user interface layout done when switching views.
7. Changed: When Playing Now is empty, the double-click to play action will shuffle all files instead of playing them in sorted order.
8. Changed: 'Start' is no longer listed in the tree although the program will, by default, still start at the view (can be customized in Options > Startup).
9. Changed: Pressing F11 will no longer include Cover View in the cycle of views.
10. Changed: Cover View is considered a 'user input mode' like Standard View and Mini View so that returning from Theater View, closing Display View with escape, etc. will return to Cover View instead of Standard View.
11. Changed: The into links on a category thumbnail did not show the hand / link cursor when the mouse was over them.
12. Changed: Increased time-shifting reader filter's video buffer size.  This should fix the television time-shifting error when Microsoft video decoder is used.
13. Fixed: When Playing Now displayed "no search results" because a search returned nothing, double-clicking the list would play everything.
14. Fixed: WebPlay audio conversion was not working with an iPhone, iTouch, etc.
15. Fixed: Using the keyboard shortcuts Alt+3..5 to switch library views didn't properly handle non-selectable view schemes.

15.0.69 (6/30/2010)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
2. Fixed: If the program was started in Mini View, returning to Standard View would show Cover View instead of Standard View.
3. Changed: The Theater View location string includes the root roller selection when at the root (used by skins).
4. Changed: Theater View Theme system uses the selected skins Background.jpg or Background.png image automatically instead of a solid color.
5. Changed: Updated Theater View skins to all support Themes.
6. Changed: Theater View Themes are the only mechanism for providing a Theater View background. (media slideshow and animation section of skin are obsolete)
7. Changed: Theater View skinning now at version 2.4 (will require update of non-stock skins).

15.0.68 (6/28/2010)

1. Fixed: Audio problem with Hauppauge WintTV HD PVR device.
2. Fixed: Bass management was not handling moving bass to the LFE channel properly.
3. Optimized: The low-pass and high-pass filters used for Bass Management, JRSS, etc. are about 38% faster.
4. Changed: A confirmation is shown when doing an 'Unstack' command on more than one stacked file (has 'Don't show this message again' box).
5. Changed: Auto-import will attempt to silently reconnect to any disconnected network drives before flagging a file as 'missing'.
6. Fixed: Ripping could show an 'Unknown encoder error' in rare cases. (hopefully fixed, feedback appreciated)
7. Changed: When viewing a file grouping, the 'Date Imported' will show the most recent import date of any file in the group instead of the average import date.
8. Changed: Added the 'Add View' command back to the tree right-click menu for a library view.
9. Changed: Putting the system to sleep will not stop playback automatically. (system will still allow a manual deep sleep (S3) while playing, but Media Center will prevent an automatic sleep)
10. Fixed: Some types of searches would not preserve the sequence number properly.
11. Changed: The 'Rename, Move & Copy Files' dialog auto-sizes columns on load and resize.
12. Changed: DLNA, Advanced options. If "present subtitle resources" is not checked subtitle resources will not be presented in the Content Directory under ANY condition, even if explicitly asked for. Prevents hard resets on some renderers.
13. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency table for Greece.  Thanks to Arbiter for providing the info.
14. Changed: Ignore anything past the first 4 digits in a FLAC vorbis DATE tag.

15.0.67 (6/25/2010)

1. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
2. NEW: Bass management in DSP Studio > Output Format allows specifying a bass routing mode of remove, move, or copy.
3. Changed: Bass management uses a 24 dB/octave lowpass for creating redirected bass (previously used a 12 db/octave slope).
4. Changed: Tuned JRSS mixing level used when creating a LFE channel.
5. Changed: The previously selected file in Theater View > Playing Now > List will no longer be drawn bold if the list is not focused.
6. NEW: AVI videos can be streamed from Library Server using "JRiver URL Reader" filter, so one does not have to wait for the entire file to be downloaded before playback starts.
7. Changed: Improved messaging of import when it's importing a large library as it, by design, works in batches of 10,000 files.
8. NEW: Added Output Format subwoofer crossover choice "Silence (use Room Correction or other DSP to fill)".
9. Changed: Made the 'Output Format' DSP a two-column layout with more verbose explanation of settings.
10. Fixed: Closing the program with Media Server running could stop playback in attached DLNA / Library Server zones.
11. NEW: Preliminary .srt and .sub subtitle support for the DLNA server. The subtitle file should be the same name as the original video file in the same path with either a .srt or .sub extension depending on what your renderer supports. Tested working with Popcorn hour. Needs more testing. The number of renderers that support this seem limited.

15.0.66 (6/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA video conversion works now - was broken.
2. Changed: Improved the ordering of 'Bass Management' effects chain in 'Room Correction' DSP.
3. Changed: The 'Tone' Room Correction tool plays the tone adjusted by all other adjustments. (previously played full amplitude, unadjusted tone)
4. Fixed: 'Bass Management' settings were not properly persisting between sessions.
5. Changed: Improved Bass Management high-pass / bass redirection filters to offer higher quality. (done as two independent intersecting filters to allow curve tuning on each)
6. Fixed: MC would crash when it failed to convert certain audio formats.

MusicHawk

Re: Media Center 15.0.73 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 08:15:48 pm »

This bug, reported earlier, still exists in .73:

A field's Acceptable Values is not reliably sticky when used with a standard library field.

In the Tempo field, I add "B;M;U;T;O" to the Acceptable Values list. I do this to both restrict what can be entered, and to force what I type to end up as a capital letter (type "m" and MC inserts "M").

This works as expected, UNTIL...something. At some point I suddenly notice that I can type in any value, and/or if I type a lowercase "m" it stays that way. When I go into the library, the Accepted Values have disappeared from the Tempo field.

If I put the Accepted Values back into the Tempo field, it all works well again... until the next time they disappear.

One scenario: Acceptable Values assigned to Tempo are usually lost when MC crashes. (Which might be a clue -- what about a crash, or a restart after a crash, could overwrite the customization of this standard field?)

But, it also happens at other times, sometimes simply when MC is restarted, no crash.

Or, maybe none of these is the cause, because the problem is difficult to reproduce. But it's been happening enough (twice today in 6 hours of working in MC) to mention as an apparent bug.

I don't have any problem losing Acceptable Values in custom fields, just (in my case) in the standard field Tempo.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:11:54 pm »

Some directshow filter problems.
I just built a new HTPC based on an i3 CPU with an h57 mobo and Win7 x64.

1) I've installed ffdshow and it works fine in MediaPlayerClassic-Home Cinema.
However, in MC15 build 73, ffdshow and some of the MPC-HC standalone filters I registered don't even show up as a registered filter. Now I am very confident about the state of my PC, so I'm sure it's not something on my end outside the filters and MC15, as almost nothing else is installed. The versions of ffdshow, MPC-HC and the filters I've installed are x64 specific versions, and as I mentioned they work perfectly in MPC-HC, even for HD audio bitstreaming. I really want to be able to use MC15 for all playback, though. Any help available?

2) Also, when I try to change the default playback method, say from automatic to directshow, the fields below the playback method do not change. i.e. I cannot configure which filters to use etc. until I exit and reopen options. I'll try to edit in a screenshot.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:45 am »

Some directshow filter problems.
I just built a new HTPC based on an i3 CPU with an h57 mobo and Win7 x64.

1) I've installed ffdshow and it works fine in MediaPlayerClassic-Home Cinema.
However, in MC15 build 73, ffdshow and some of the MPC-HC standalone filters I registered don't even show up as a registered filter. Now I am very confident about the state of my PC, so I'm sure it's not something on my end outside the filters and MC15, as almost nothing else is installed. The versions of ffdshow, MPC-HC and the filters I've installed are x64 specific versions, and as I mentioned they work perfectly in MPC-HC, even for HD audio bitstreaming. I really want to be able to use MC15 for all playback, though. Any help available?

2) Also, when I try to change the default playback method, say from automatic to directshow, the fields below the playback method do not change. i.e. I cannot configure which filters to use etc. until I exit and reopen options. I'll try to edit in a screenshot.

2) - confirmed.

You maybe able to get the DirectShow lists showing by changing Playback Method to something else, and then back to JRiver video engine.

1) Could be related to 2), or be 64-bit specific (what versions of ffdshow and mpc-hc do you have?).

Email me a log please.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 12:11:39 pm »

However, in MC15 build 73, ffdshow and some of the MPC-HC standalone filters I registered don't even show up as a registered filter.

I think you have to install 32-bit version of FFDShow.  MC is built as a 32-bit application.  It will not see 64-bit filters.  Similarly, 32-bit version of GraphEdit, GraphStudio, etc. do not see FFDShow 64-bit filters either.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 01:49:02 pm »

Thanks, Yaobing. Are there any plans to make it 64-bit aware eventually? More and more systems are being sold/built with 64bit OSes now.

I'll install the filters and I hope that the 32 bit and 64 bit versions can co-exist okay.

I'd really hate to have to reinstall the OS in a 32 bit version when everything else is going well. I hope to be able to be more useful as a beta tester now that my hardware is new and hopefully reliable.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »

Thanks, Yaobing. Are there any plans to make it 64-bit aware eventually? More and more systems are being sold/built with 64bit OSes now.

I'll install the filters and I hope that the 32 bit and 64 bit versions can co-exist okay.

I'd really hate to have to reinstall the OS in a 32 bit version when everything else is going well. I hope to be able to be more useful as a beta tester now that my hardware is new and hopefully reliable.

Media Center works great on a 64-bit OS.  (I use 64-bit at home and work)

However, Media Center will only use the 32-bit versions of filters, so just be sure to install the 32-bit version.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »

Hi Matt

Sorry about the confusion due to my choice of wording. I see that MC15 works very well in a 64-bit OS. My question really pertained to the filters - I believe that some of the functions/features of the filters work best if you use the 64-bit version under Windows 7 64-bit OS. I'll definitely install the 32-bit versions of those filters when I get home for MC15. However, since having multiple versions of certain filters installed (eg Haali, ffdshow) can wreak havoc with playback, I'm proceeding with caution. My question, therefore, was whether there were plans to make MC natively 64-bit one of these days?

Since this is getting off-topic for this build in particular, maybe it can be moved, or I'll start a new thread?

Vincent Kars

DSP studio - trivial problem
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »

In DSP studio there is a button Add Plug-in...
One of the options of the menu is Uninstall!
Maybe Manage Plug-in is more apt as a description for this button (if space allows...)

MusicHawk

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:03:48 pm »

The bug of Tempo (and perhaps other standard fields) losing Accepted Values has happened twice more since my post of yesterday.

It seems to happen mostly when I close and restart MC, but at times it happens mid-use.

I haven't found a reliable way to cause it to happen, but don't see any reason why this aspect of MC configuration would not be rock-solid -- but its not.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 04:05:43 pm »

The bug of Tempo (and perhaps other standard fields) losing Accepted Values has happened twice more since my post of yesterday.

It seems to happen mostly when I close and restart MC, but at times it happens mid-use.

I haven't found a reliable way to cause it to happen, but don't see any reason why this aspect of MC configuration would not be rock-solid -- but its not.

It's not supported to edit the acceptable values of a stock field.

Tempo is only allowing editing because of a pseudo-bug. (the four extended Musicmatch fields are kind of in-between stock and non-stock fields)

You will need to create your own field if you want a custom list of acceptable values.

MusicHawk

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:46 pm »

Thank you for explaining that I'm not hallucinating.

I guess the pseudo-bug is that it's possible to enter Acceptable Values and it works for a while but they eventually discarded. Odd.

Are there other fields that behave this way? I see several fields that seem to be stock (I don't recall ever creating them and don't use them) yet they allow the same configuration. Would it also be discarded?

Also: Why this restriction? It seems that allowing the user to narrow the range of values that can be put in a stock field can't break compatibility, because it doesn't alter the actual tag, it just limits what is allowed within MC. It's really just an MC-specific typing aid that doesn't affect how the field/tag might be used in another system.

Now that this limitation is known, the really big question is, which fields are standard/stock and which are not? Except for the fields that are visually locked, I don't see any indication whether a field is stock-MC or user-added. This sees like an important documentation element -- a list of all stock fields, and an explanation of their intended use.

I've been using MC for so long (since MJ7) that I don't recall what fields I added, except I do recall that some fields I added eventually became stock, sometimes with a different purpose.

Meanwhile, I'll create a custom version of Tempo, copy the values, and abandon the stock version.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »

Now that this limitation is known, the really big question is, which fields are standard/stock and which are not?

Pick "Show only user fields" in the Manage Library Fields dialog.

(it is possible that 'Tempo' would appear in that list due to its special nature, but there are only four special Musicmatch fields in this category with Tempo being one of them)

MusicHawk

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »

Looking at the list of "only user fields", I see a bunch that I don't recall adding nor need in my library, so presumably they are stock, built into MC:

Bios, Country, Mood, Original Title, Performance, Preference, Situation, Tempo, Version, and a bunch of Store Field items.

Are these stock, or did I once create them but now my memory has turned to mush?

I'm sure it's a challenge to provide maximum power to MC users will still trying to be reasonably compatible with "standard" tags. I don't know whether I care about stock vs. custom fields, probably because I don't know what it affects outside of MC. My only current external use is synced to an iPod, but that could change or evolve someday.

It would be helpful to make the nature of each tag more explicit in the library manager area, via a label or color or something to indicate what is "standard" vs. "semi-standard" vs. "stock" (non-standard but provided by MC to be helpful) vs. "custom" (user-created).

With a huge portion of my essential data in custom fields (and now, Tempo ditched too), there might never been much hope of embedded tags being usable anywhere else. I wonder how many other MC users have the same situation.

vagskal

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 03:00:39 am »

In another thread (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58576.0) I reported this issue and asked for assistance:
I am beginning to use Categories Views. One issue I am having is that the columns I set in Details List Style will not stick for other views than the initial. I have for instance an Artist Categories View set up to show categories in the Artist then Album order and display both categories in the Details List Style. The adjustments I make to the columns in the initial Artist view stick, but the adjustments I make to columns in the second view (with the albums for an artist) will not stick. When I go back to the initial (Artist) view and then return to the second (Album) view for the same or any other artist that view has more or less inherited the column settings for the initial view and my customization of the columns is gone. Well not completely gone since I discovered a way to get my customization back: If I in the second (Album) view switch from Details List Style to Thumbnails Details List Style and then back again, then my customization is back, but it gets lost again when I switch to the initial (Artist) view.

I was informed that this was a bug a few builds ago. In that case the bug is still there in the latest build, 15.0.73. I am using Win 7 64-bit.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:49 am »

It's not supported to edit the acceptable values of a stock field.
Tempo is only allowing editing because of a pseudo-bug. (the four extended Musicmatch fields are kind of in-between stock and non-stock fields)

As a former Musicmatch user and having ported over from Musicmatch, I am happy with the way the Musicmatch fields work.
John

MusicHawk

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »

Getting random crashes after 1 to 4 hours -- just playing, local library, local files, nothing special. Same PC has been used for MC playback for a couple of years, no changes.

Log available. At the crash point it says "unhandled exception".

vagskal

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:25 am »

If an mp3 file (ID3v2.3 tags only) has a cover art image embedded by MP3Tag, adding an image to that file in MC does not replace the old image but adds a second image to the music file (when the option to save cover art to the music file is selected). Also MC cannot remove cover art images in mp3 files embedded with MP3Tag.

This is discussed in more detail in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58612.msg396806#msg396806

MusicHawk

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:14:46 am »

New instance of random crash after 20 minutes of using MC, however it was open for past 60 hours or so, if that matters.

Doing routine work -- just playing and tagging, local library, local files, nothing special. Same PC has been used for MC playback for a couple of years, no changes.

Log available (rather large).

The log shows that at the crash point MC was doing something with a track's cover art, though I wasn't doing anything except updating a tag of a DIFFERENT track -- and I hadn't done anything at all related to cover art since yesterday -- and the crashed track's cover art hasn't been touched in a long, long time. I seems MC does cover art tasks even when they haven't been changed by the user.  

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 11:18:43 am »

You may have a hardware problem.  See the link called "Stability" in my signature.

At least, try running a memory test overnight.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2010, 09:38:32 am »

Tagging images while other images are slideshowing in playing now crashes MC. (doesn't have to be image that is being tagged). Music is also played at the same time.

Reproduced like this:
Select music and covers --> right click --> play --> music starts to play and album covers slideshow in the locked view.

Then if I start to tag other album cover images I'll always get crash.

blacksmith

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2010, 06:48:22 pm »

I just bought my copy of MC15, and am mostly satisfied with it.  However, whenever I try to edit and save an MP3 file, the Audio Editor locks up, and I can only get out of it by killing the process in Task Manager.  It does save the file, but having to restart the editor every time is getting old.  It works with .WAV files, but there seems to be a bug in the MP3 encoder.

I'm running a Dell Vostro with Win7 Pro 64-bit.

There are no encoder plugins for MC15 on the JRiver site, so I tried several different sites, and wound up with LAME 3.98.4.  I tried installing the LAME encoder via the Plugin Manager, and it failed to install either the 32- or 64-bit version.  The error message simply said, "Failed to install Plugin".  I then tried copying the .DLL into the MC\Plugins folder, and got the same result -- program freeze when I saved the MP3 -- with both the 32- and 64-bit versions.  I also tried it with the LAME.exe file, and that was a no-go.

I've been using JRiver since JukeBox 7, and I like the applications.  If anyone out there has a solution to this one, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike Murphy

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 07:11:03 pm »

I just bought my copy of MC15, and am mostly satisfied with it.  However, whenever I try to edit and save an MP3 file, the Audio Editor locks up, and I can only get out of it by killing the process in Task Manager.  It does save the file, but having to restart the editor every time is getting old.  It works with .WAV files, but there seems to be a bug in the MP3 encoder.

I'm running a Dell Vostro with Win7 Pro 64-bit.

There are no encoder plugins for MC15 on the JRiver site, so I tried several different sites, and wound up with LAME 3.98.4.  I tried installing the LAME encoder via the Plugin Manager, and it failed to install either the 32- or 64-bit version.  The error message simply said, "Failed to install Plugin".  I then tried copying the .DLL into the MC\Plugins folder, and got the same result -- program freeze when I saved the MP3 -- with both the 32- and 64-bit versions.  I also tried it with the LAME.exe file, and that was a no-go.

I've been using JRiver since JukeBox 7, and I like the applications.  If anyone out there has a solution to this one, I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike Murphy

Make sure you have 15.0.73.  You shouldn't need any extra plugins.

Then could you try using the 'Convert Format' tool inside Media Center to make an MP3?

If that works, does Media Editor still hang?

Thanks.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Two Problems
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 11:33:36 pm »

First of all my setup is like this: Audio files on office desktop, HTPC hooked up to the big screen, netbook as my remote. I use the library server to access my desktop library on the netbook, and then use DLNA to play those files over the HTPC computer. I cannot get the files to play at all if I set the zone on my netbook to "HTPC," but I can get it to play if I select "There: HTPC" (I'm essentially having the desktop stream to the HTPC instead of the netbook. However, the playback is buggy/choppy/poppy, and will usually crash within one song. I'm using wireless-g with all computers getting 5 bars. I would send a bug report, but this leads me to the next problem:

I can't select to email logs from MC15 because it says "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action," although all other Mailto links work perfectly on my system using Chrome and GMail. The correct registry key is set to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command "C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://mail.google.com/mail?extsrc=mailto&url=%1 -disable-popup-blocking

This works with every other program on my computer but MC15.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Two Problems
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 11:54:39 pm »

First of all my setup is like this: Audio files on office desktop, HTPC hooked up to the big screen, netbook as my remote. I use the library server to access my desktop library on the netbook, and then use DLNA to play those files over the HTPC computer. I cannot get the files to play at all if I set the zone on my netbook to "HTPC," but I can get it to play if I select "There: HTPC" (I'm essentially having the desktop stream to the HTPC instead of the netbook. However, the playback is buggy/choppy/poppy, and will usually crash within one song. I'm using wireless-g with all computers getting 5 bars.

What format are you streaming?  Could you try a simple 128 MP3, so we can see if it's format related?

I can't select to email logs from MC15 because it says "There is no e-mail program associated to perform the requested action," although all other Mailto links work perfectly on my system using Chrome and GMail. The correct registry key is set to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command "C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://mail.google.com/mail?extsrc=mailto&url=%1 -disable-popup-blocking

This works with every other program on my computer but MC15.

We use MAPI so that we can attach the logs.  This requires a desktop mail client.

You can just view / attach the logs manually.  This article describes where logs are located:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Stability

Thanks.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Two Problems
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 12:35:46 am »

What format are you streaming?  Could you try a simple 128 MP3, so we can see if it's format related?

Just duplicated the bug and sent a log, thanks!

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 05:59:51 am »

'Disable transitions on manual image changes' currently doesn't seem to be working?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 10:43:03 pm »

1. Old bug - column preference doesn't stick and defaults to Name in File List even when Track is 1 column;  was actually fixed when I switched from aggressive to smooth crossfade believe it or not.

2. Corrupt? M4A files using DC-Bass crashes MC repeatedly. Let me know if  you want this file and I will email it (to Matt?).

3. Theater View doesn't obey the removal of Text Label when changed to None (to display just Tiles with no font beneath them).

vagskal

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:33 am »

I have one music file with a guest artist named "0-1". In pane view using a list type field for artists an entry for 0-1 shows up but selecting that entry seems to show all artists that has a 1 in their name, 10cc, 16 Horsepower, 112, etc. If I search the standard (string) Artist field for 0-1 ([Artist]="0-1" or [Artist]=[0-1]) I get almost the same result.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 07:33:41 am »

2. Corrupt? M4A files using DC-Bass crashes MC repeatedly. Let me know if  you want this file and I will email it (to Matt?).

More likely a filter problem.  Read Yaobing's posts about bad versions of Haali FFDShow.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 07:42:37 am »

More likely a filter problem.  Read Yaobing's posts about bad versions of Haali.

M4A uses Haali? I'll have to double-check the graph. I thought the was something in the changelog about m4a awhile back.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 08:07:55 am »

FFDShow, not Haali.  My mistake.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 08:11:56 am »

FFDShow, not Haali.  My mistake.

Okay, that's what I figured. Maybe just blacklist the bad FFDdshow version rather than bypass FFDshow....waiting for a fix. Sticky at the top of the board. I have definitely been scratching my head as to why MC hasn't been using FFdshow for some things, but I'd have to dig up exactly what they were, some HD codec in .avi container? Not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up