INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRINTING A PLAYLIST  (Read 2339 times)

remoat

• Recent member
PRINTING A PLAYLIST
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:53:36 pm »

i have downloaded today media jukebox 12.0.49 to my windows xp.. i want to print a playlist including all tracks in the library.. how do i do this?

sample of printed output:

title                                 artist                           time
1-2-3                             Len Barry                       2:32
19th Nervous Breakdown    Rolling Stones                 4:05

i tried the "monkey" player but could not get the print function to work.. i am using the "wmp playlist", but dont like it.. it uses too much paper; it doesn't permit "cut-and-paste", so i cant put it in another medium to reduce the typefont and paper usage.. i was putting out 91 titles per page, now only 54..

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: PRINTING A PLAYLIST
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:53 pm »

Go to the view that you want to print out (eg. Playing Now).

Export as a text file, configuring the options appropriate for your needs.

Import into a spreadsheet, word processor, etc. and print however you'd like.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

remoat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 10:50:03 pm »

i used open office and open office calc.. i try different options but the results are always the same: software parameters, unwanted info for the music, as below:

<?wpl version="1.0"?>
<smil>
<head>
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Windows Media Player -- 10.0.0.4074"/>
<author/>
<title>BBPRINTER</title>
</head>
<body>
<seq>
<media src="..\1-2-3.wma" tid="{64B1128E-15E7-46B4-8406-8E485EF73924}"/>
<media src="..\19th Nervous Breakdown.wma" tid="{017627A7-643B-4D8B-A93C-EFAE165CC31E}"/>
<media src="..\59th Street Bridge Song.wma" tid="{EF312CDC-6959-4B26-9229-E2F02FD4FB35}"/>

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:28:05 pm »

This looks like a windows playlist.

The export dialog in MediaJukebox 12 looks like this:

Make sure you select Text File (delimited).  Import that exported .txt file using a spreadsheet, selecting the delimiter as vertical bar "|".  This will place each column into the spreadsheet's columns.  Print as you see fit.

[ edit: note that MJ 14 is available: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58631.0 ]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

remoat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 07:19:23 am »

thank you for your help.. i have viewed the list to be printed and it appears to be what im looking for.. all im missing now is the numerical sequence next to each track.. i have seen it before, but cannot recall how to bring it back.. there is no (obvious) name in the columns section.. i have tried many categories, but none show a number at the left margin.. the help section wasnt helpful..

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 07:26:29 am »

what about copy and paste  :D -> excel notepad or whatvever --> print
MT5FR

remoat

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 08:45:28 am »

i have highlighted playlists but there are no options i have seen for "copy-and-paste" in media jukebox..

i have found the way to enumerate each track, by placing tracks in a playlist.. i would like now to remove the tag that appears when the cursor is on the same line as a track title.. the box with the details is unnecessary and distracting.. the help center says:
right click on the file(s);
choose 'library tools > remove tag';
confirm the need to remove the track.

there are several locations in the system which bring up 'library tools', but none of them include 'remove tag'..

the new version of media jukebox could be a good idea, but im not spending $50.00 for a player, when i have windows media player for free.. wmp has shortcomings, including an easy way to print the library contents; but, there is free software which does access the wmp playlists, and that isnt so great, either, but its free..

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:50 am »

i have highlighted playlists but there are no options i have seen for "copy-and-paste" in media jukebox..

i don't have jukebox, maybe it's not possible (there)..but ctrl+c does not work ?

the new version of media jukebox could be a good idea, but im not spending $50.00 for a player, when i have windows media player for free.. wmp has shortcomings, including an easy way to print the library contents; but, there is free software which does access the wmp playlists, and that isnt so great, either, but its free..

mc is not a "player" it's a lifestyle  :) you can't compare these software..elite league vs divison 7
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up