INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recordings not getting deleted - yet stall MC for 10 seconds while trying  (Read 2777 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

I know I can't delete shows from a remote connection, but even when using MC the library server machine (the main connection to the library being shared), I still can't get TV shows to actually delete off the hard drive.

I have tried deleting them from the Devices & Drives/Television area, from a playlist, and from within theater view, and it appears they delete, but they remain on the hard drive; just like happens when deleting from a remote client.

I have also deleted them directly from the hard drive with windows and they re-populated in Media Center as being there, but obviously can't play, since they are deleted.

Additionally, it takes fully 10 seconds for Media Center to return to responsiveness after trying to delete.  it just freezes up for 10 seconds.  it doesn't matter how long or big the program is that is being deleted (or even if it actually exists on the hard drive), it's always a 10 second freeze.

Hopefully, these issues can be remedied soon.
pretend this is something funny

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

I'm running lIbrary server so I just tested deleting a recording from within theater view and it deleted fine, from the library and the drive.

Are youf recordings on a shared drive accessed via a UNC, drive letter  or on a local drive?

What version of MC are you trying this on?

Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I can not reproduce the issue.  

If you delete a show from the Video tree branch, make sure you choose "Remove from library and permanently delete from disk".  If you delete from television view/Recordings, that option is implied.

EDIT:  Richard raised a good question.  Local drive and mapped shared drive should not be a problem.  Are you using UNC in anyway? 
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

I did some more testing and nothing deletes the actual file from the hard drive *IF* the file program is recorded as a ts file.   I tried deleting an old jtv file and it worked fine.

the files write to a dedicated RAID drive as w:\Recorded TV on the machine running MC

let me know if you need anything else.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

I just got a disappointed look because MC didn't record a program I had set to record for my wife.

I know it was setup, but it isn't now.  I setup the recording again, and verified it, and it showed in the to be recorded window.  But just to be sure, I restarted the computer and when I came back into Media Center, it wasn't set to record; again!

I set it up *again* and am keeping my fingers crossed.  it's set as highest priority, and nothing else is set to record at that time, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Maybe it's the highest priority that is messed up, I think it's the only show with that designation.  Hmmm...

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

I just got a disappointed look because MC didn't record a program I had set to record for my wife.

I know it was setup, but it isn't now.  I setup the recording again, and verified it, and it showed in the to be recorded window.  But just to be sure, I restarted the computer and when I came back into Media Center, it wasn't set to record; again!

I set it up *again* and am keeping my fingers crossed.  it's set as highest priority, and nothing else is set to record at that time, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Maybe it's the highest priority that is messed up, I think it's the only show with that designation.  Hmmm...

Did you schedule these from a Library server client or on the server?

I scheduled something theother day form a client, and I checked it was there on the server but the next day it seemed to have gone.  Not sure if it was a user error or a bug...... will have to monitor it for a while I think...

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

definitely from the server.  I saw the newest build allows it from clients, but I wanted to be sure, so I did it on the server.

I just checked again, and it's still scheduled; fingers crossed.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

When I just checked I also saw that that machine had 14 security updates for windows, so I updated it, then it requested I restart, which i did.

when it restarted, the program in question is not scheduled AGAIN!!

I rescheduled it, but left it at medium priority, have it set to record all showings, and did not check to not record if previously recorded.

the only other thing i can think of is the name. Soy tu Dueña - is the ñ causing issues?  other than high priority, it's the same as the other 12 programs we have scheduled, as far as I can tell.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

I've got a  subscription recording that keeps vanishing too!

It recorded for two days and then poof it's gone!

I have added it again and will try rebooting the machine once the kids are off it to see if stays or goes.

Other subscriptions seem OK but this one has vanished twice now.

hmmmmm

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

OK, rebooted and another subscription has been removed.

I have two subscriptions "Play School", one daily at around 9:30am and one daily around 3:10pm.

My 9:30am one vasished yesterday, so I added it back and after a reboot the 3:10pm one has gone.

Is there a bug where I can't have two subscriptions with the same name on the same day maybe??

Richard

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I see that my Netball subscription that I set months ago keeps recording stuff I did not even know was on (great stuff!).  Mine is not a subscription for a set time but a by Name (eg Netball) and Channel (eg One HD) and it seems to just grab anything on anyday with Netball in it on One HD.

Love it!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Richard - I think you only need one sub to be done for ever and ever (like the wifes Netball - it never ends)
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

FYI - Just set one up for Rage (Music Videos) and now we are in TS land - I can chop them up by track, save each one and manage them in MC like Audio tracks - Gold!
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Richard - I think you only need one sub to be done for ever and ever (like the wifes Netball - it never ends)

Ah yes, this can work in some cases, but there are cases where this won't work as I don't want the repeat that gets shown between these times.

Regardless I should be able to schedule both without one vanishing.... I would have thought?

R

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

Of course!
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I've got a  subscription recording that keeps vanishing too!

It recorded for two days and then poof it's gone!

I have added it again and will try rebooting the machine once the kids are off it to see if stays or goes.

Other subscriptions seem OK but this one has vanished twice now.
Is it possible that the server's settings are over-writing the client's settings?  Would that explain it?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Is it possible that the server's settings are over-writing the client's settings?  Would that explain it?

No I added the subscription on the server the 2nd time so I don't think it's that.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

No I added the subscription on the server the 2nd time so I don't think it's that.
Is it possible that the client's settings over-wrote the server's settings after you changed the server's?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

Mine were set on the server, and were never set or modified on a client, so I don't think that's it either.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Justine and Richard,

The recordings involved are all subscription type, right?  Subsription by name?

I have two subscriptions "Play School", one daily at around 9:30am and one daily around 3:10pm.

If there is a bug, this is the most likely place.  Justin, does your case also involve multiple subscription of the same named programs at different times?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team

Justine and Richard,

The recordings involved are all subscription type, right?  Subsription by name?

Correct.

Yaobing

• Administrator

I have been able to reproduce it.  Subscription at two different times of the same program does not work right.  One of them gets erased on restart of MC.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team

cool.  However, I don't think I have intentionally set mine to record at different times.

Actually, now that I think about it, one night it was changed from 8pm to 9pm (in the guide) so that might have something to do with it.

I only want to record this show once/day, but have it scheduled to record all episodes, to make sure I don't miss a time change.

Let me know if you need me to do more testing or have other questions.

thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up