INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] rotate images in theatre view  (Read 1610 times)

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
[FEATURE REQUEST] rotate images in theatre view
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:30:10 pm »

Hello guys

I was trying out J River for photos, I usually use Boxee. A lot of my photos are not rotated when viewing in theatre view, probably taken with an older camera, but I could not find a way to rotate the photos in Theatre view. Is there a keyboard command?

I see there is a mouse menu on a photo to rotate L or R in the Standard View, but would want a keyboard command to do that in Theatre View. Also, even in Standard View, it would not rotate the photo at all, it said: "Failed to rotate 1 image(s)" Other imaged did succeed in rotating... but surely it is rotating the view, not re-saving the file?

I would love to see a keyboard command for every possible menu item in JR Media Center, and something like Rotate in theatre view is something of a necessity... back to boxee ;(

Cheers guys, ps, I think i converted someone to MC last week...

Mark  .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] rotate images in theatre view
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:00:32 pm »

You might be able to do it with a batch file and the appropriate command here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

Theater View options will let you run a program (or batch file).

I know it's not ideal.

I'm not sure about your failure issue.  It may be related to MC writing the rotation tag to the file.

Thanks for your conversion work.

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:00:49 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I see the codes

31001     MCC_IMAGE_ROTATE_LEFT,     ignore
31002    MCC_IMAGE_ROTATE_RIGHT,    ignore

but do not know how to run them in theatre view.
of course it would only be of use if once I had "run" what there is to run, the rotate left or rotate right command could be designated to a keyboard command so it can be quickly applied once or twice to any photo in a slide show which needs to be rotated...

Better still, keyboard shortcuts for all menu items!

How would I run that code?

tx
Mark.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:23 pm »

See Custom Keyboard Shortcuts. Any MCC can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut. There's not a MCC for every menu command, but there's many. Also, depending on what kind of remote is used, an MCC might be mapped directly to a remote key. The rotate commands are only going to operate on whatever is "playing" in Display View, so you just need to determine how to issue the command with your preferred input device.

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 05:06:24 am »

See Custom Keyboard Shortcuts. Any MCC can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut. There's not a MCC for every menu command, but there's many. Also, depending on what kind of remote is used, an MCC might be mapped directly to a remote key. The rotate commands are only going to operate on whatever is "playing" in Display View, so you just need to determine how to issue the command with your preferred input device.

Thanks Rick, but the link takes me to a forum thread which does not explain how to do it... and neither does JimH's link... a wiki page that assumes you know how to do it already!

I have the resource.xml file open in Notepad, I see the line about rotate, but dont know what to enter where... the brief notes on that xml file do not explain a step by step how to do it.

Further help would be much appreciated...

Thanks
Mark.
PS, the boxee rotate feature is GORGEOUS, slick smooth sexy.. makes you WANT to have photos that need rotation  ;) Go for it JRiver, that would be an amazing level of Theatre view slickness to reach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up