INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect library information on deleted track that is reimported  (Read 958 times)

sluizer

• World Citizen

I removed a file (track) from the MC library.  I deleted and expunged that file.  Then I created  a new file (track) with the same name, and imported it into MC.  (That is, not only does the new track have the same name, but the name of the file is identical).  Inside MC, the new file showed a creation date that was the same as the file that was removed (and deleted/expunged from the computer).  It also shows number of plays and last played dates that were consistent with the now, non-existent file.  In other words, the file (new track) has a creation and last played dates BEFORE the file was created and shows that the file has been played some number of times (the number of times that the original file was played).

This seems like very bizarre behavior to me.  If it is intended, why?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Incorrect library information on deleted track that is reimported
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:47:12 am »

Auto-Import will clear the deleted library files from the normally hidden "deleted files" database section if the file is also not present on the disk. This should happen when it runs in the background or when you run it manually (assuming its "cleaning" options are enabled.)

If the file has not been deleted also from the disk (or Auto-Import has not yet checked its existence) all file data is still stored in the "deleted files" section and during import the file will simply be flagged to belong to the library again.

You can find more info by searching the forum for "deleted files database".

The "Update Library (from tags)" tool can update file metadata, but it does not reset the statistics.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up