INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to have the audio from videos be affected by DSP plugins?  (Read 2188 times)

Lunatique

• World Citizen
How to have the audio from videos be affected by DSP plugins?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:18:54 am »

I can't seem to find a way for the audio portion of the DVD to be affected by the DSP audio plugins I have installed. Is there a specific way I need to be routing the audio portion from videos to the DSP plugins?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to have the audio from videos be affected by DSP plugins?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:20:09 pm »

In Options / Video, are you using "Automatic" or "JRiver video engine" and is the playback device set to "same as audio playback"?   When watching the movie, if you right-click and view "Direct-show filters", is the "JRiver Audio Renderer" in the list?  If so, it should be going through our DSP.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 04:47:32 am »

Do we have an answer on how to get DSP processing for video audio playback?
I get DSP for Audio but not video. Due to another problem I have had with JRiver, I have had to set Video Audio playback to the actual device name, not 'same as audio playback'. Does this mean I can never get DSP for video audio? Playback method is set to Automatic. Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:38:31 am »

Due to another problem I have had with JRiver, I have had to set Video Audio playback to the actual device name, not 'same as audio playback'. Does this mean I can never get DSP for video audio?

Yes. 

Please start a new thread with details on the problem you have when you select 'Same as audio playback' and we'll see if we can get it working.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MikeAus

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 10:01:15 pm »

I have had to set Video Audio playback to the actual device name. This was your solution provided to my problem playing FLAC, which needs a buffer < 2 secs to work AND avi - which for some reason only works with a buffer > 2 secs. If I use 'same as audio playback' then video audio playback is stuffed. Changing to the actual device name in video, as suggested, fixes video audio for me. However this now means I cannot use DSP for video   ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:22:37 am »

A workaround would be to create a new zone with different audio playback settings and play the videos in that zone.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 07:23:28 am »

In Options / Video, are you using "Automatic" or "JRiver video engine" and is the playback device set to "same as audio playback"?   When watching the movie, if you right-click and view "Direct-show filters", is the "JRiver Audio Renderer" in the list?  If so, it should be going through our DSP.

For Playback device, there is no option for "same as audio playback." only Default Windows Playback Device and then the name of my audio interface.

And I can't watch videos with MC at all--it crashes MC as soon as MC tried to play the file. I've tried various file formats and none worked. DVD's do play, but can't get the audio processed by the DSP plugins.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 09:41:42 am »

For Playback device, there is no option for "same as audio playback." only Default Windows Playback Device and then the name of my audio interface.

This requires v15.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 10:46:43 am »

This requires v15.

I can't try it on v15 since I tried the trial a while ago but I didn't know about this feature. Now my computer won't let me try the v15 trial version saying it's expired. I don't want to spend money on an upgrade if I can't be sure what I'm trying to do will work, and if I can't try the trial version again, I won't be able to find out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 11:07:36 am »

Maybe you could try it on another machine.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 12:16:36 pm »

Yes. 

Please start a new thread with details on the problem you have when you select 'Same as audio playback' and we'll see if we can get it working.

Thanks.

I'm not MikeAus, but I'm also having a Video problem with the 'Same as audio playback setting', I started a new thread here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59672.0

Would sure appreciate some help with the problem.

Thanks,
Rod

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 02:38:49 am »

Tried on another machine and videos still crash. Only DVD's can be played (and I got the DSP plugins working with the DVD audio). No matter what kind of videos I play--flv, avi, wmv--you name it. They all crash MC 14 and 15, on all three computers of mine. I just don't understand why I could never get MC's video playback to work in all the years I've been using it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 03:44:27 am »

So one PC has MC14 and all video files except DVD cause crashes. Another PC has MC15 and the behavior is similar. By DVD, do you mean DVD from the original disc or DVD that is ripped to hard drive? If the latter, is the format "VIDEO_TS folder and several files in it"? I'd like to see the DirectShow graph from DVD playback. Please follow glynor's instructions here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59603.msg402889#msg402889 and post the graph.

When you try to play AVI (for example), what exactly happens? Does it play at all or does it crash immediately?

Have you installed any DirectShow filters and you have configured MC's video playback anyhow or is everything set to defult? If you can play an AVI file before it crashes, could you post the graph info from such playback attempt.

Regarding your PCs, what operating systems are you using and have you updated them? If you have an older OS, is DirectX up-to-date? (I think Windows 7 updates it it automatically). What graphics cards (or integrated graphics) do you have and are the graphics drivers up-to-date?

EDIT

...They all crash MC 14 and 15, on all three computers of mine ...

I just noticed that you mentioned also a third computer. Do all three computers always crash in a similar way?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up