INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make a list of albums with a keyword in the "notes" tag  (Read 721 times)

lostvibrations

• World Citizen
How to make a list of albums with a keyword in the "notes" tag
« on: September 09, 2010, 06:00:59 am »

I want to make a new library view which only shows albums with a certain comment in the "notes" tag of the files. How do I get the view to be specific like this? Thanks

Edit: I've just figured out that I can do this using the "search list" category type. However, in the tree, the first category is "my search" - I need to open this to see all the albums. How can I make it so that when I open the category the albums appear, rather than having to open a sub-category called "my search"?

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to make a list of albums with a keyword in the "notes" tag
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 02:03:24 pm »

There are different ways to do this. If you literally want the view restricted to this condition, then it should be in the Rules for file display in the view's settings. If there are a number of different conditions like this (e.g., different keywords), you might prefer to use one Panes view, rather than a separate view for each condition. To one pane of a Panes view, you may add as many "search list" type categories as you like, and then use that to filter the results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up