INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to MC 15 and using VST plug-ins  (Read 972 times)

Ilan

• Recent member
Upgrading to MC 15 and using VST plug-ins
« on: September 15, 2010, 06:43:51 am »

Hi,

I have MC ver. 13 working great on my HTPC (Asus P5Q-EM motherboard, WinXP, HDMI connection to HD plasma, Optical connection to 5.1 Receiver).
I want to upgrade to MC ver. 15.

1) Do I need to upgrade or reinstall CCCP codecs? Any other Precautions / Requirements / Recommendations before I press the ‘Install’ button? Do I need to first uninstall 13?

2) Will I be able to maintain my old setup and library? How do I save my old setup in my MC ver. 13 (couldn’t find it in the menu)? Will the new version use the same codecs per media file as I had tuned it in the past in my old ver. 13? Same view settings?

3) Will I be able to use (activate) VST plug-in (some equalizer filters) created by an external software? How do I do that? Is it a simple ‘plug & play’ or a ‘Load’ procedure?

4) I overheard that MC has a built in Room Correction! Is that so? How does it work? Does it correct for each of the speakers separately in the 5.1 system? Do I need a calibration microphone? Need any special hardware?

Ilan

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Upgrading to MC 15 and using VST plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:31 am »

Hi,

I have MC ver. 13 working great on my HTPC (Asus P5Q-EM motherboard, WinXP, HDMI connection to HD plasma, Optical connection to 5.1 Receiver).
I want to upgrade to MC ver. 15.

1) Do I need to upgrade or reinstall CCCP codecs? Any other Precautions / Requirements / Recommendations before I press the ‘Install’ button? Do I need to first uninstall 13?
You don't need to uninstall 13 and you won't need to reinstall the CCCP codecs.

2) Will I be able to maintain my old setup and library? How do I save my old setup in my MC ver. 13 (couldn’t find it in the menu)? Will the new version use the same codecs per media file as I had tuned it in the past in my old ver. 13? Same view settings?
You can save your library in v. 13 by using File > Library > Backup Library. Then use File > Library > Restore Library in v. 15 and open the backup file. With v. 14 and newer, you can transfer your setup and view settings. However, I don't it will work with v. 13 to 15.

3) Will I be able to use (activate) VST plug-in (some equalizer filters) created by an external software? How do I do that? Is it a simple ‘plug & play’ or a ‘Load’ procedure?
You can load the VST plugins using Tools > Plugin Manager or in DSP Studio. Once the plugin is loaded, you can have it save your default settings.

4) I overheard that MC has a built in Room Correction! Is that so? How does it work? Does it correct for each of the speakers separately in the 5.1 system? Do I need a calibration microphone? Need any special hardware?
The Room Correction isn't advanced equalization. It is the ability to set distances and levels for each channel. It also has advanced bass management capability. You use an SPL Meter (like from Radio Shack) to set the levels and a tape measure to set the distances.

Ilan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 09:31:33 am »

Thnx for the fast and efficient response.

Sorry, I did not understand the last one:
Does the MC V15 have a Room Correction or not?

Ilan

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 02:33:00 pm »

Does the MC V15 have a Room Correction or not?
It depends on how you define "Room Correction." No, it does not have anything that is similar to Audyssey, YPAO, MCACC. Like I mentioned, it does allow you to set distance and gain settings so that the audio is all in phase at the listening position. is properly balanced, and the bass is directed as you wish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up