INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of issues with handheld sync  (Read 1204 times)

Kush

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Couple of issues with handheld sync
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:09:18 am »

I am using the handheld sync feature of MC to get music onto my iPod Touch - both my questions are strictly related to MC.  I am using the latest version of MC and the latest version of MC iTunes Sync.  I have one "issue" and one question.

First the issue: of the 6500 mp3's I am syncing for import into iTunes, 2 of them get created with a file name that has a "(1)" appended to the file name - the file name is "song name (1).mp3" not "song name.mp3".  I can find no reason for this - I have deleted the song from the sync folder and re-sync'd and the "(1)" is still appended.  There are no dups for this song anywhere in my MC library much less the current folder.

Question: when I sync I use [Artist]\[Album] for the path. When the sync is performed it modifies the folder names to deal with certain characters (i.e. "?" becomes "_" and a trailing period is dropped from folder name).  I understand the reason for this, the problem is that when I try to sync these folders to iTunes I have a number of failures because of this disconnect.  I have been able to deal with this using some complex expressions, but I was wondering if there was some function/field I can use to tell me the actual transformed [Artist] or [Album]?

Thanks!

Kush

• Recent member
Re: Couple of issues with handheld sync
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21:12 pm »

Is there a place I can submit bug reports?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »

Kush

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:13:26 pm »

No - as I said in my post these are striclty MC issues.  I just included the full info on what I was doing.  Probably confused things by makin it more complicated than it needs to be.  The real issue with MC I can't resolve is:

Of the 6500 mp3's I am syncing to the Handheld, 2 of them get created with a file name that has a "(1)" appended to the file name - the file name is "song name (1).mp3" not "song name.mp3".  I can find no reason for this - I have deleted the song from the sync folder and re-sync'd and the "(1)" is still appended.  There are no dups for this song anywhere in my MC library much less the current folder.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:20:46 pm »

Are you not using the third party plug-in to do the sync?

... the latest version of MC iTunes Sync ...

MC15 doesn't sync to the Touch.

prod

• Play nice
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 02:51:13 am »

I think Kush is talking about sync'ing to a folder as a handheld from within MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up