INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about stacks  (Read 709 times)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Question about stacks
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:10:49 pm »

I've been updating my collection with WavPack files. So what I do it this.

I rip my CD to WavPack files for archival purposes. (Yes, I could of gone with the more universal FLAC, but I like the .wv extensions, the possibility of Hybrid Mode, and the fact that development is pretty active, including the developer as well.)

Then, I convert said files to LAME MP3 files (using v0).

Here's what I am wondering and/or doing wrong. I create two stacks, one of all the WavPack files, and one of all the MP3 files. Now, what I do not understand is, I want it so if I play the album, it will automatically play the WavPack files, since the MP3 files are there only for portability reasons (like my PS3, Zune, etc).

From what I am understanding, since the MP3s extension .mp3 is before in the alphabet to .wv, that stack is listed first. Is there any way to make it so WavPack will be the default?

Or if there's an alternative way please do tell. The ideal way for me is combining both .wv and .mp3 into reference in the program. That way, if I update the tags, both will be updated. If I play a file, the higher quality one will play, and both files' playcounts will get updated as well.

Thanks for any responses and help! :)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Re: Question about stacks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:43:16 pm »

I have figured it out, sorry for wasting you guys' time. I was stacking the wrong way. XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up