INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Author tag.  (Read 1582 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
The Author tag.
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:53 am »

I cant seem to use the Author tag on my audio files. In the tag window it doesn't even show up.
looking at the Tag in manage library fields, Author is apparently felt to only apply to "data" this is short sighted as there are folks that do listen to audio books and we need the "Author" field to.
I would really appreciate that this field be allowed for more than data, specifically please allow this field for audio.
currently this is driveing me a bit crazy as I had a custom field for Author b4 Jrmc decided to create one, and now my scripts/expressions will not work because "Author" can't be assigned to audio files.
Is there a registry hack or something I can do to change the "Author" fields Flags?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: The Author tag.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:45:39 am »

you have several options. two that jumps to my mind:

you could make a view which also has data files, add the author collumn to it, and remove the data from the view again. you could add it then to the presets to use with every audio view.

an other option, is to just add an expression with [author]. you can use the author tag then.

of course it would be nice when users could change things like that. the same is for instance true for tracks in video.

:)
gab

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:07 pm »

I cant seem to use the Author tag on my audio files. In the tag window it doesn't even show up.
looking at the Tag in manage library fields, Author is apparently felt to only apply to "data" this is short sighted as there are folks that do listen to audio books and we need the "Author" field to.

You could create a custom field with a different name like "Book Author" and use that in your views.

Bill

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »

You could create a custom field with a different name like "Book Author" and use that in your views.

Bill

That's basically what I have done, and then migrated all the data from the author tag to My author tag.
such a pain. I just don't get why Author is limited to data only.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 04:05:47 am »

That's basically what I have done, and then migrated all the data from the author tag to My author tag.
such a pain. I just don't get why Author is limited to data only.
it is only limited to where it is shown, but it is for every media available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up