INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio for video problem [solved]  (Read 1146 times)

capnizzy

• Recent member
Audio for video problem [solved]
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:03:45 pm »

After installing MC 15.0.95 I no longer get surround sound to pass thru the spdif output to my home theater receiver.
I've rebuilt the pc many times and have determined that Media Center is the culprit to the problem.
After installing XP Pro, SP2, I would install my sound card and drivers. I would then install PowerDVD5, and play a dvd.
The pc would pass the signal through an optical cable to my theater receiver.  At this point I am able to get Dolby Digital(AC3), and DTS surround sound.  
However, after installing MC 15.0.95, all sound is 2Ch only.
I use the test signal that is available with the sound card software, and when clicking on the rear surround test signal for the right surround speaker, the audio is heard through the front right speaker. Ditto for the left channels.
What is Media Center doing to the sound card drivers ?
I've tried various sound cards, and the results are the same. Surround sound is functional until installing Media Center, then all sound is 2ch only.
Please help !
Thanks in advance !

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 15.0.95 causes 7.1 soundcard to output 2ch only via spdif output
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »

Please go to Options/Video and check your settings for "Audio for Video, DVD, & Television".

capnizzy

• Recent member
Re: Audio for video problem
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 02:53:36 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.
Unfortunately, I had already started another rebuild before waitng for your reply.
In any event, the last rebuild worked, and I no longer had any isssues with surround sound being passed thru to my surround processor.
I thank you again for your reply.
I'm assuming the settings may have been incorrect before the final rebuild.
In any event, your help is GREATLY appreciated
Pages: [1]   Go Up