INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Defaults to $49.98  (Read 1497 times)

sixrivers

• Recent member
Upgrade Defaults to $49.98
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:05:12 am »

I have a valid license for MC 12.  It tells me that i can upgrade for 26.98.  But when I download MC 15 and hit the purchase button, the screen default price is $49.98.  There is no way to change it to the upgrade price.  I have been trying off and on to upgrade this for months - always same results.  Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Upgrade Defaults to $49.98
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:33:35 am »

Restore your v12 license (using the restore webpage), then purchase from inside v15.

Thanks for thinking of upgrading.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sixrivers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:56 am »

I did a fresh install, but did not work.  Here is the step by step.

Several months ago, I installed a trial for 15.  This was a new computer and I did not have 12 installed on it.  You had a discount and I planned to upgrade at that time, but the price was reflected at $50.  So I put it off.

Yesterday, I downloaded a fresh copy of 12 and installed the license (also downloaded last night).  When I started it, the pop up window said I could get the upgrade to 15 for $27.  I clicked the button, did the download & install and started it.  15 was listed as past its 30 day trial (from previous install) so I clicked the purchase button.  The window quoted the $50 charge.

Only thing I can think to do is completely uninstall 15.  But I rebuilt my database under 15 and would rather not loose that work (as I cannot get in to back it up now.)  Do I have any other options?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 12:30:46 pm »

Do I have any other options?

Please restore your v12 license again now that v15 is installed.  Make sure v15 is the last version that you have run before you restore.

UAC changed some things, and v12 was written before UAC existed.  There's actually no need to install an older version to upgrade -- just install the newest and restore any old licenses before purchase.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sixrivers

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:18:34 pm »

Thanks.  Worked like a charm.  Proud user of MC15!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:56 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up