INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sorting problem.  (Read 1408 times)

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
sorting problem.
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:11:19 pm »

This is my panes view of my audiobooks.
On the right hand side is the list of books in the series. The question I have is how to sort them to display in order.

here is the sorting option's available

I don't see much help here except the date field mebby I can abuse it to make them display correctly.
Any other suggestion's would be most welcome.

Feature Request: add an option to sort by a library field either ascending/descending. I have a Series volume field that would be perfect for that to reference.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: sorting problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 04:13:05 am »

it is possible to add your own sortings to that list. although it is a bit of a detour. make a smartlist (or use anything where you can make your own sorting) make the sorting you want (in your case the series volume field), then via sort by>custom you can save the sorting as a preset. the new preset will turn up in the sorting list for panes, and Theater View etc.

:)
gab

edit: i attached a screen shot of how the sort list looks for me

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 05:19:11 pm »

I must be missing something. I understand gappie's method allows a custom complex sort to be applied. But if all that is needed is a simple sort by a single field, why not include that field in the view and choose the (default) "ascending" sort order? And in a "Details" List Style, the sort order can be changed simply by clicking on the column headers.

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 06:26:52 pm »

You have some great authors!
So much music so little time!

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:59 pm »

You have some great authors!

thank you, I became an audio book nut since I became a Truck Driver. I have a rather large
Ebook collection also since I have no room for paper books.

it is possible to add your own sortings to that list. although it is a bit of a detour. make a smartlist (or use anything where you can make your own sorting) make the sorting you want (in your case the series volume field), then via sort by>custom you can save the sorting as a preset. the new preset will turn up in the sorting list for panes, and Theater View etc.

:)
gab

Ok I think I got that working how I want. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up