INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.130 -- Available here  (Read 7045 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 15.0.130 -- Available here
« on: October 09, 2010, 04:55:10 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

[ build pulled due to read-only library issue reported below ]

15.0.130 (10/8/2010)

1. NEW: Added Ringtone Maker (available with Right-click > Library Tools > Ringtone... or Tools > Advanced Tools > Ringtone...).
2. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format > Move center to side speakers option for configurations with no center speaker.
3. Changed: Silent files will analyze to a replay gain of 0 instead of +51 dB.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the audio resampler could introduce a tick when first starting.

15.0.129 (10/7/2010)

1. Fixed: Scrolling down in a non-focused list, then clicking could scroll up a little (only applies to build 128).
2. Fixed: Clicking a suggestion with the mouse when in-place editing did not work.
3. Changed: Multi-selection list field editing allows ordering if all selected files have the same list of items.
4. NEW: DLNA server add Artist to yet another DLNA field.
5. Changed: DLNA server, always serve album art if asked. If the thumbnail doesn't exist, serve a generic icon.

15.0.128 (10/6/2010)

1. Fixed: Minor issues filling audio properties (32000Hz and other uncommon sample rates were not filled, 11025Hz were imported as 110250Hz, etc.) when importing Windows Media files.
2. Fixed: Wiki web links within Performer store use the new and improved wikipedia artist/album lookup.
3. SDK: Added web service function Library/Values to get a list of artists, albums, etc.
4. NEW: When typing in a combobox, a suggestion popup will appear (similar to the suggestion popup used by the main search control).
5. Fixed: Thumbnails weren't showing up for Netflix instant queue when connected to a library server.
6. Internal: Reworked internal eventing system used by JRiver user interface controls (should be internal change only, but please report any issues).

15.0.127 (10/5/2010)

1. Fixed: In some cases, cancelling auto-import could take a while.
2. Fixed: The option to automatically delete a single television recording would not work reliably with times over 15 days.
3. Changed: Connecting to a DLNA server no longer requires that 'DLNA Controller' be enabled for detection of servers.
4. Changed: When connecting to a library server using the 'Search...' button on the Connect to Library dialog, it is no longer necessary to click 'Connect' a second time.
5. Changed: Connections to a library server will be automatically reestablished on restart of the program (use Library > Disconnect from Library to disconnect).
6. Changed: When importing videos, audio properties BitDepth, Channels, and SampleRate (on the audio stream) are filled whenever possible.
7. Changed: Updated new list-field editor to be more keyboard friendly and to require fewer clicks to add values.
8. Changed: When adding list values to a list that is not sorted, new values are added at the end.
9. Changed: When adding multiple list values at once (by typing for example a;b;c) the typed order will be preserved if the current list of values is empty or unsorted.

15.0.126 (10/4/2010)

1. NEW: When syncing a handheld from a library server, transcoding of audio files takes place on the server rather than the client.
2. Fixed: Podcast updating could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Added "show caption resources" option to the DLNA server advanced options. Needed for some devices to show subs. Needs to be disabled for other devices to prevent crashing of the renderer.
4. Changed: For the DLNA server, album art served is independent of the existence of an image file (will use thumbs).

15.0.125 (10/1/2010)

1. Fixed: Export to iTunes could crash on some iTunes errors.
2. NEW: New interface for tagging list-type fields that supports ordering (right-click to get recently added tags, and other commands).
3. NEW: DLNA server, add more fields (if asked by the renderer) to upnp file directory info (channels, sample rate, etc).
4. Changed: Subtitle presentation order for a specific subtitle resource when the "present subtitles" advanced option is used.

15.0.123 (9/29/2010)

1. Changed: By default, acquiring images from a drive-based camera looks in only the 'DCIM' folder (configurable with Action Window > Camera > Options > Source Path).
2. NEW: Action Window > Camera nicely detects and skips thumbnails with Google Android phones (and deletes the thumbnails if 'Delete file from the source' is enabled).
3. Changed: Action Window > Camera deletes files that have already been acquired if 'Delete file from the source' is enabled (previously it would leave files on source that were already acquired).
4. NEW: Added longer duration television recording cleanup options: Delete after 1 month, Delete after 3 months, Delete after 6 months, Delete after 1 year.
5. Changed: Renamed right-click command on Links bar from 'Customize Links...' to 'Manage Links...' to be more consistent with the right-click > Links menu.
6. Fixed: Near the end of the month, reoccurring scheduler tasks could run too long.
7. Faster: Improved performance of sorting system, helping view loading time (shows in database benchmark).
8. SDK: Added web service (MCWS) functions: Playlists\List, Playlist\Files, and Playlist\Play.
9. Fixed: The MPC plugin could crash on a corrupt APE tag (MPC plugin now automatically compiled against latest reference APE tagging code, just like the APE plugin).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Re: Media Center 15.0.130 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 06:24:31 pm »

I just tried 15.0.130 with the Keywords field in my large music library.

The change in list-field behavior from .125 is a slight improvement, meaning reduction in clicks. But it still is much clumsier and thereby than pre .125.

It works -- not reporting a bug -- it just requires more different keys and/or clicks, and the benefit of the new complexity isn't evident. The problem is that editing a tag is now usually a two-phase process -- locate the desired values in the master list, select them (via Enter, not the prior spacebar method) to add to the field's sublist, then use the sublist to add them to the track's tags. Even this is slow because once a value is selected, the list closes, must be reopened to get the next value, closes again, etc.

Why is there now a sublist? Presumably for a good reason, in situations where the master list is very large and really is comprised of sublists. But when that's not the case, it's too many steps.

In the many list-type fields I use to tag music, the lists have exactly the values I desire -- there's no "sublist" notion. At any time, with any track, I might need direct access to ANY and all values in my Keywords list. Having to get at them via this many steps is really painful.

The same with custom sorting -- not desired. My Keywords field has many values in it -- it takes about 5 full-length scrolls of the displayed list to see all the values. No problem. I jump to the desired value by typing its first letter or two, or scrolling, and alpha-order is hard-wired into my brain. So, I don't want a non-alphabetical-sorted Keywords list (though I can see why it might be helpful in some other context).

Could this be a situation where one-size-doesn't-fit? If this change addresses situations (someone mentioned movies) where sublist and custom ordering is helpful, that's really different behavior and shouldn't be forced on all list-type fields.

One solution is to provide a different way to invoke the new behavior, allowing F2 and double-click to invoke the OLD behavior.

And/or, let list-field behavior be controllable at the individual view column level -- so it can be activated only in views and columns where it is helpful.

And/or, allow control at the library field level, so those who need it can activate it -- PER FIELD -- while others can have the prior efficient list field behavior?

Meanwhile (alas) I again revert to 15.0.122 to speed up my large tagging project.

Or, if someone finds a fast path through this new behavior, please share it!
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 11:13:53 pm »

I just upgraded to 130 and went to tweak my remote command list which I'm having minor issues with. However, the list of commands is blank and clicking the restore default button doesn't change this. There is a scroll bar to the side and it can be pulled down, which might indicate only the text is missing and there is an invisible list.

Anyway, this seems a bug to me.

rjm

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:46:15 am »

It works -- not reporting a bug -- it just requires more different keys and/or clicks, and the benefit of the new complexity isn't evident. The problem is that editing a tag is now usually a two-phase process -- locate the desired values in the master list, select them (via Enter, not the prior spacebar method) to add to the field's sublist, then use the sublist to add them to the track's tags. Even this is slow because once a value is selected, the list closes, must be reopened to get the next value, closes again, etc.

Why is there now a sublist? Presumably for a good reason, in situations where the master list is very large and really is comprised of sublists. But when that's not the case, it's too many steps.

In the many list-type fields I use to tag music, the lists have exactly the values I desire -- there's no "sublist" notion. At any time, with any track, I might need direct access to ANY and all values in my Keywords list. Having to get at them via this many steps is really painful.
Well said. I agree. Although 130 is better than 125 I may also return to 122. When you tag as much as I do extra clicks are a really big deal.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 03:49:03 am »

7. Changed: Updated new list-field editor to be more keyboard friendly and to require fewer clicks to add values.

Matt, thanks for listening to my concerns regarding the list-field changes.  This change goes a long way to returning the functionality.  But please consider displaying the default values from the library field definition in the drop down under the edit field (with boxes checked/unchecked to reflect the status).  This one final change would pretty much restore the ability to rapidly tag fields while gaining all the benefits of the new functionality.  In fact, I think this change would elevate the new system above what was previously there, so it's a win-win for everybody?

Mark

gappie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 04:41:30 am »

The same with custom sorting -- not desired. My Keywords field has many values in it -- it takes about 5 full-length scrolls of the displayed list to see all the values. No problem. I jump to the desired value by typing its first letter or two, or scrolling, and alpha-order is hard-wired into my brain. So, I don't want a non-alphabetical-sorted Keywords list (though I can see why it might be helpful in some other context).

when a list of keywords is sorted alphabetic, a new value will be sorted alphabetic into the list. when the list is not alphabetic you can sort it that way with clicking right on it and sort it alphabetic.
when you want to select a value that is already in the long list, you can tab and type a letter, it will bring you to that value.

:)
gab

edit: maybe i should add. when you want to select a value that is not selected yet f2>arrow down and typing one or two letters will jump to a value in the keywordlist (that is always alphabetically ordered) enter, and up to the next one.

rowli

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:18:39 am »

I just tried 15.0.130.
Pagination for WebRemote seems to have a bug. I can just paginate once (have 883 Albums /4 pages).
If I browse:
Library -> Audio -> Artists -> "Pagination 2"
the pagination links stop working after that (goes to same page).
HTML code:
Code: [Select]
<div class="pagination">
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="Previous">Previous</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="1">1</a></li>
<li>2</li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="3">3</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="4">4</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="Next">Next</a></li>
</div>

/ Micke

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:24:38 am »

I just tried 15.0.130.
Pagination for WebRemote seems to have a bug. I can just paginate once (have 883 Albums /4 pages).
If I browse:
Library -> Audio -> Artists -> "Pagination 2"
the pagination links stop working after that (goes to same page).
HTML code:
Code: [Select]
<div class="pagination">
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="Previous">Previous</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="1">1</a></li>
<li>2</li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="3">3</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="4">4</a></li>
<li><a href="library.html?LibraryLocation=1000===&amp;Token=SYHmhW1V===&amp;PaginationStartIndex=100==" title="Next">Next</a></li>
</div>

/ Micke

I reported about a very similar issue back in .118. I just reconfirmed that the issue still exists using your method too.

pillshovel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 11:39:09 am »

Possible bug:

Installing 130 fresh on Windows 7 64-bit results in opening in read-only mode.  I tried on 4 computers with the same result.  Uninstalling and installing 122 fixes the problem so it looks like it might be a bug in 130.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:43:44 pm »

I'm also not a big fan of the new tagging system. It just seem so much slower.
Maybe I'll get use to press ctrl always when I want to move up or down but at the moment I'm not so comfortable with it.

Apologies for the rant.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 05:17:52 pm »

Possible bug:

Installing 130 fresh on Windows 7 64-bit results in opening in read-only mode.  I tried on 4 computers with the same result.  Uninstalling and installing 122 fixes the problem so it looks like it might be a bug in 130.

Just tested, & it's not doing it here on either of my libraries :-\
(One in the default Appdata location & one in E:\MCLib\)

Any more details about your settings/ library location?

-Leezer-

pillshovel

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 05:25:39 pm »

Just tested, & it's not doing it here on either of my libraries :-\
(One in the default Appdata location & one in E:\MCLib\)

Any more details about your settings/ library location?

-Leezer-

Stock install on fresh Windows 7 64 with no previous MC install was where the problem arose.  It works fine if you install an older version then upgrade.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 05:37:27 pm »

Stock install on fresh Windows 7 64 with no previous MC install was where the problem arose.  It works fine if you install an older version then upgrade.

That's a little clearer :)
Will roll a new VM and test this later, might not be until tomorrow or something though.

-Leezer-

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 01:46:07 am »

Possible bug:

certainly a bug. Had the same issue. When i uninstalled 130 completely and reinstalled 122 it came up with the same message. Only after uninstalling and rebooting did it go away. Must be a regkey.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 12:21:54 pm »

I don't know which change did it, but THANKS for speeding up the 'open the bios-field'-box! It used to take some 13 seconds and it's now reduced to, say, 4.
Great!

However, the next 'improvement' isn't my cup of tea:
NEW: When typing in a combobox, a suggestion popup will appear (similar to the suggestion popup used by the main search control).

Because of this change it is now not possible anymore to walk through the files with the use of the arrow-up or arrow-down keys. I used that functionality quite a lot, especially if I wanted to copy/paste a value from one record to another.

Could it be changed in a function that can be turned on/off in the Options?

Thanks in advance!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 12:38:13 pm »

Because of this change it is now not possible anymore to walk through the files with the use of the arrow-up or arrow-down keys. I used that functionality quite a lot, especially if I wanted to copy/paste a value from one record to another.

Up / Down walks suggestions (if visible).

Ctrl + Up / Down walks files.

Shift + Down opens the combobox.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 03:08:49 pm »

;D
Thanks, Matt!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 03:17:54 pm »

Down?

Please...

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 12:14:48 am »

Please count me as another who REALLY dislikes the new editing functionality.  If at all possible, please provide us with a way to return to the older way.  I use the up/down arrow & copy/paste method quite a bit and having to use the CTRL key is a major pain.

rjm

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 01:48:45 am »

certainly a bug. Had the same issue. When i uninstalled 130 completely and reinstalled 122 it came up with the same message. Only after uninstalling and rebooting did it go away. Must be a regkey.

Saw same here. R/O database after install on Windows 7 64 bit with both 130 and 122. Problem went away after I restored my library.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:04 am »

Please count me as another who REALLY dislikes the new editing functionality.  If at all possible, please provide us with a way to return to the older way.  I use the up/down arrow & copy/paste method quite a bit and having to use the CTRL key is a major pain.

Please start a thread with more details.

List-field tagging changed, and the auto-complete system changed.  I'm not sure which one you're describing.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up