INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.132 -- Available here  (Read 9687 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 15.0.132 -- Available here
« on: October 12, 2010, 01:37:28 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150132.exe

15.0.132 (10/12/2010)

1. Changed: Read-only library error from build 130 is automatically corrected if found.
2. Changed: Revised how up / down keys navigate in conjunction with in-place editing suggestions to make it easier to use up and down to navigate a list. (use Shift+Down to open drop lists)

15.0.131 (10/11/2010)

1. Fixed: iTunes export could fail in some cases.
2. Fixed: On a fresh install, the program would incorrectly open the library in read-only mode.
3. Fixed: The first item in the new list editor would incorrectly in-place edit on click.
4. Changed: Updated Spanish translation.
5. Fixed: Downloading in Performer store was broken in previous build.
6. Fixed: Pagination was not working properly in WebPlay / WebRemote.
7. Fixed: Reading of the TDRL ID3v2 tag was not working properly, causing dates to appear as 1905.
8. Fixed: Bullet marks would sometimes appear in the Wikipedia movie data in lists of actors, directors, producers, etc.
9. Changed: When connecting to a DLNA server, a timeout of 60 seconds is used for each 1000 file request instead of 10 seconds (10 seconds was too short for some servers, causing load failures).
10. NEW: When playing m4a audio (including ALAC) in DirectShow engine, MC will install some DirectShow filters when necessary to facilitate smoother playback.
11. Changed: Search suggestions are accepted with the tab key and the top match is selected by default. (enter only works after arrowing up / down so that type+enter will never search for something other than what was typed)
13. Changed: Inline auto-complete is disabled when popup suggestions are showing.
14. Changed: Connecting to a DLNA server via file->library->connect to library now asks for images and video as well as audio. This works connecting to another instance of MC and also to WMP. YMMV with other servers.

15.0.130 (10/8/2010)

1. NEW: Added Ringtone Maker (available with Right-click > Library Tools > Ringtone... or Tools > Advanced Tools > Ringtone...).
2. NEW: Added DSP Studio > Output Format > Move center to side speakers option for configurations with no center speaker.
3. Changed: Silent files will analyze to a replay gain of 0 instead of +51 dB.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the audio resampler could introduce a tick when first starting.

15.0.129 (10/7/2010)

1. Fixed: Scrolling down in a non-focused list, then clicking could scroll up a little (only applies to build 128).
2. Fixed: Clicking a suggestion with the mouse when in-place editing did not work.
3. Changed: Multi-selection list field editing allows ordering if all selected files have the same list of items.
4. NEW: DLNA server add Artist to yet another DLNA field.
5. Changed: DLNA server, always serve album art if asked. If the thumbnail doesn't exist, serve a generic icon.

15.0.128 (10/6/2010)

1. Fixed: Minor issues filling audio properties (32000Hz and other uncommon sample rates were not filled, 11025Hz were imported as 110250Hz, etc.) when importing Windows Media files.
2. Fixed: Wiki web links within Performer store use the new and improved wikipedia artist/album lookup.
3. SDK: Added web service function Library/Values to get a list of artists, albums, etc.
4. NEW: When typing in a combobox, a suggestion popup will appear (similar to the suggestion popup used by the main search control).
5. Fixed: Thumbnails weren't showing up for Netflix instant queue when connected to a library server.
6. Internal: Reworked internal eventing system used by JRiver user interface controls (should be internal change only, but please report any issues).

15.0.127 (10/5/2010)

1. Fixed: In some cases, cancelling auto-import could take a while.
2. Fixed: The option to automatically delete a single television recording would not work reliably with times over 15 days.
3. Changed: Connecting to a DLNA server no longer requires that 'DLNA Controller' be enabled for detection of servers.
4. Changed: When connecting to a library server using the 'Search...' button on the Connect to Library dialog, it is no longer necessary to click 'Connect' a second time.
5. Changed: Connections to a library server will be automatically reestablished on restart of the program (use Library > Disconnect from Library to disconnect).
6. Changed: When importing videos, audio properties BitDepth, Channels, and SampleRate (on the audio stream) are filled whenever possible.
7. Changed: Updated new list-field editor to be more keyboard friendly and to require fewer clicks to add values.
8. Changed: When adding list values to a list that is not sorted, new values are added at the end.
9. Changed: When adding multiple list values at once (by typing for example a;b;c) the typed order will be preserved if the current list of values is empty or unsorted.

15.0.126 (10/4/2010)

1. NEW: When syncing a handheld from a library server, transcoding of audio files takes place on the server rather than the client.
2. Fixed: Podcast updating could cause a crash.
3. NEW: Added "show caption resources" option to the DLNA server advanced options. Needed for some devices to show subs. Needs to be disabled for other devices to prevent crashing of the renderer.
4. Changed: For the DLNA server, album art served is independent of the existence of an image file (will use thumbs).

15.0.125 (10/1/2010)

1. Fixed: Export to iTunes could crash on some iTunes errors.
2. NEW: New interface for tagging list-type fields that supports ordering (right-click to get recently added tags, and other commands).
3. NEW: DLNA server, add more fields (if asked by the renderer) to upnp file directory info (channels, sample rate, etc).
4. Changed: Subtitle presentation order for a specific subtitle resource when the "present subtitles" advanced option is used.

15.0.123 (9/29/2010)

1. Changed: By default, acquiring images from a drive-based camera looks in only the 'DCIM' folder (configurable with Action Window > Camera > Options > Source Path).
2. NEW: Action Window > Camera nicely detects and skips thumbnails with Google Android phones (and deletes the thumbnails if 'Delete file from the source' is enabled).
3. Changed: Action Window > Camera deletes files that have already been acquired if 'Delete file from the source' is enabled (previously it would leave files on source that were already acquired).
4. NEW: Added longer duration television recording cleanup options: Delete after 1 month, Delete after 3 months, Delete after 6 months, Delete after 1 year.
5. Changed: Renamed right-click command on Links bar from 'Customize Links...' to 'Manage Links...' to be more consistent with the right-click > Links menu.
6. Fixed: Near the end of the month, reoccurring scheduler tasks could run too long.
7. Faster: Improved performance of sorting system, helping view loading time (shows in database benchmark).
8. SDK: Added web service (MCWS) functions: Playlists\List, Playlist\Files, and Playlist\Play.
9. Fixed: The MPC plugin could crash on a corrupt APE tag (MPC plugin now automatically compiled against latest reference APE tagging code, just like the APE plugin).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 15.0.132 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 03:31:45 pm »

2. Changed: Revised how up / down keys navigate in conjunction with in-place editing suggestions to make it easier to use up and down to navigate a list. (use Shift+Down to open drop lists)
Thanks for this! I think it is now a good combination of raw editing power and activating suggestions when needed.

E: After playing around with this a little more I think there are still too many key presses in this new method.

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 03:33:59 pm »

I appreciate the effort to fine-tune the new list-field editing modes. But it's still far from keyboard friendly, while the .122 and earlier approach was very keyboard-efficient.

Example:

1. Open Tag action window on a track that already has values in most fields (vs. blank fields).

2. Try to Tab through the fields. STUCK.

The old system allowed this. It was possible to tab into the field, then into the list, move around the list to select any desired values using Spacebar, then Tab out of the list into the next field. It was an efficient system: left-hand on Tab and sometimes Esc, right-hand on arrows and sometimes Enter -- mouse rarely needed.

But the new system stops cold when it encounters a list-type field. First tab enters the field and below it shows a sublist. Second tab opens the sublist in the Add field. Third tab jumps to first item in sublist. Fourth tab jumps back to Add field. Etc -- it's a circle. I discovered that Esc or Enter will exit the field, but it also seems to exit the entire Tag window -- I seem to be back at the selected track in the view. So I must grab the mouse to get back into the Tag window, carefully selecting the NEXT field lest I get back into the loop.

Also, the sublist seems odd. I'm editing one track, by a one-hit artist, in a subview that shows nothing but the one track. I'm entering the stock Artist field, which already has this artist name in it. Yet the sublist shows several values that semi-match this artist -- but not all values that would match, so what's the point? (Artist name is "Jacks"; sublist shows "Jacks", "Applejacks", "Jackson, Joe", but not all the other "Jackson" artists, which become visible if I then select "See all 51 results".

But if instead I press Tab, thie "51 results" option vanishes and I'm simply stuck in the Add/sublist. I can then use Shift+Down to open the full list, but now it's not the "51 results" list (also, I have to be in the Add field rather than having pressed Tab again to jump into the sublist area.)

Another oddity. Perhaps, once in the Add field, I really do want to search. I can type the Artist name "Jacks" and MC again searches -- but displays different results than before -- same field, same Artist name, different search results: "Jacks", "Applejacks", "Jacks, Terry". What happened to "Jackson, Joe"? (Or, why did the first search match "Jackson" instead of "Jacks" since both are existing values?)

Besides, "See all 51 results" of what? I just Tabbed into the field, and MC is assuming that this means I'm searching when I'm simply opening a field that already has a value. Maybe I want to fix a typo, or in my case, maybe I'm just trying to Tab down the fields to get to a lower field that I want to change, but I can't do it this way anymore. In this version of MC I see no way to move through fields in the Tag window without using the mouse -- arrow keys do nothing to move among fields in the Tag window. Is there a new secret keycombo?

I think there's way too much functionality piled onto what was simple editing behavior -- F2 or enter a field to edit, see a list and select one or more values, or type desired values, then move on -- via Tab.

All the new searching and sublist capability is given priority behavior, but how often is searching for an existing value the primary action to take when entering a field in edit mode? I think sublists and searching is a completely different, special field-level task, so should be invokable as desired, not as normal.

The obvious solution is to provide the new functionality but as a separate field editing mode (another F key or Ctrl+F2 or something), not as the primary mode.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:19 pm »

After trying your methods I agree that Action Window could be more keyboard friendly...
I mostly use the grid which was now "fixed" for me.

I stopped using Action Window for tagging single items because (at least AFAIK) there is no way to approach to next file with keyboard like I'm able to do in the grid.

I think that Action Window should keep the focus better.
I mean that if I edit some field in the action window and press enter or ESC the focus is gone.
If I now press F2 --> nothing happens. IMO pressing F2 in this situation should affect to same item that was just edited.

MusicHawk

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:32:21 pm »

Editing in the grid/view has a similar problem of getting stuck and losing focus. For instance:

Position the cursor on a field such as Name. Press F2 to edit. No problem. Tab to the next column, and the next. Assuming they are NOT list-type fields, no problem.

But, get to a list-type column (such as Keywords) and the smooth process ends. The field opens with the Add sub-field selected. Below it is a list of the values already in the field. Tabbing moves between the Add field and the first value, in a loop. It's possible to exit this loop by pressing Enter, but focus seems to be lost -- no field is open in edit mode, yet until this column was reached, Tab would move column to column retaining edit mode. Pressing F2 again reopens the same field, back into the loop.

To get past this, to the NEXT column and back into edit mode, seems to require the mouse to hover over the desired column, then press F2.

There's no evident consistent process for moving among fields in edit mode, whether in the Tag window or in the view.

Again... In the "old" design, editing a list-type field column behaved differently only slightly. Arriving on it via Tab, the field would open, displaying the selected values and the entire list. Tab again would move into the list, where any number of values could be selected via Spacebar. Tab again would move out of this field to the next field. Very smooth, logical because Tab always did tab-type action, and no need for the mouse.

My hunch is that there is no solution other than to separate the actions so that field navigation and editing can be invoked and will behave "normally" (more or less like it used to work) and whatever is intended by the changed behavior is invoked some other way.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

lfquinones

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 05:37:22 pm »

my mc15 is reading that it is corrupt and need to reinstall. where do i find those instructions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 05:51:35 pm »

my mc15 is reading that it is corrupt and need to reinstall. where do i find those instructions?
Try just rebooting first.  If that doesn't work, download from the first post in this thread, then install by executing the file.  No need to uninstall.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 07:11:35 pm »

In Options, Remote control commands are blank.

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:14 pm »

My hunch is that there is no solution other than to separate the actions so that field navigation and editing can be invoked and will behave "normally" (more or less like it used to work) and whatever is intended by the changed behavior is invoked some other way.

The ability to edit ordered lists is essential. Whether the field is ordered or not, it's equally important it not break the flow of editing—for all the reasons you cite. Even for one edit of a single field, it's much easier to use if the behaviour isn't unnecessarily different for different field types.

I see no good reason why the list field edit function can't be very much like it used to be. All the additional functions required for ordered fields can be handled perfectly well if available on the context menu. The context menu, of course, would be more accessible if it weren't for the unnecessary separate "add" box. It should also be possible to reorder items using only the keyboard (e.g., using Shift- or Ctrl-Up/Down to move selected items).

Some subtle behaviours could improve the editing flow. For example, on entering a field in edit mode, the cursor should be at the end of an edit field so a new item can be typed immediately. Pressing Enter could add the new item to the end of the list of checked items, and give that item focus so it could, if necessary, be moved. Enter again could move the focus back to the edit box, while Tab could move on to the next field.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 01:04:20 am »

I appreciate that the latest change of default copy behaviour has returned in the edit-mode in the fields (bad English, I know ;-). It's now the good old arrow-down that has the default value.

But... a new change has come that's quite horrible: in the Album-field (I guess in similar fields too). For example, let's assume I already have an album called "A brand new day". Now I have this new album, called "A brand". In the old situation, when I typed "A brand" and hit the Enter-key the field was filled with that title. But now it's almost impossible to enter "A brand" because MC picks "A brand new day" when I hit the Enter-key. After a few trials I managed to enter the right value.
So please, please undo this new edit-style!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 06:01:51 am »

But... a new change has come that's quite horrible: in the Album-field (I guess in similar fields too). For example, let's assume I already have an album called "A brand new day". Now I have this new album, called "A brand". In the old situation, when I typed "A brand" and hit the Enter-key the field was filled with that title. But now it's almost impossible to enter "A brand" because MC picks "A brand new day" when I hit the Enter-key. After a few trials I managed to enter the right value.
Thank you. I have mentioned the same problem twice now so it's nice to see someone else with the same concern. The only way I have found to get around is instead of pressing Enter you have to click somewhere outside in MC to accept the new value. Certainly not what is desired.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:21 am »

I appreciate that the latest change of default copy behaviour has returned in the edit-mode in the fields (bad English, I know ;-). It's now the good old arrow-down that has the default value.

What you are typing is listed as one of the suggestions.  If you want it, pick it (down + enter, mouse, etc.)

You can also hit escape to dismiss the suggestions.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 08:03:23 am »

Yeah, that does the trick, Matt, thanks.
But you must admit that this cannot be called an improvement. It used to be "Enter" and now it's "Escape" AND "Enter".
Think of how this is used in daily practice (in my case): usually you fill in NEW albums and not albums that are already listed in MC. So I'd say the default value for the Enter-button should be filling in the new value.
So I'd like this change to be reversed. But that's just my opinion.
Mark Coutinho

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 08:09:08 am »

Yeah, that does the trick, Matt, thanks.
But you must admit that this cannot be called an improvement. It used to be "Enter" and now it's "Escape" AND "Enter".
So I'd like this change to be reversed. But that's just my opinion.

Our thinking is that a suggestion is a more common choice than a substring of the suggestion (the part you've typed so far), hence the placement of what you're typing at position #2 and the suggestion at position #1 in the suggestion list.

Google Chrome does this same thing when you type in the address bar, and I think it's a good example of a simple, helpful suggestion system.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 08:33:23 am »

I get your point, Matt. It's a logical way of thinking from your part. By coincidence my favourite browser is Google Chrome. And guess what: the way they suggest sites is the one thing I don't like: you always have to 'arrow-down' to the first suggestion, instead of IE Explorer (there you can choose their first suggestion with Shift-Enter).
I guess I have to deal with it.
Thanks for explaining, though.
Mark Coutinho

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:18 am »

You can also hit escape to dismiss the suggestions.
Didn't know about this one. This makes it at least keyboard only. Just need to hopefully remember it next time as pressing Enter is so intuitive.
Jeff

MusicHawk

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 10:59:44 am »

Re the new editing mode, I still don't get what problem this is solving. Google Chrome doesn't seem like a useful comparision -- a browser is about going somewhere, sometimes needing help to find it, so partial searches can be useful. But MC is used to catalog recordings by entering precise data, so it seems excessive to have to slog through unprecise data.

And no matter what the purpose or value, the extra keystrokes, inconsistent keys/actions, and notably the Tab loop trap, seem to make it impossible to have a keyboard-friendly tagging "groove", as was possible pre-.125.

Can we poll users to see who actually wants field editing to automatically behave like search, requiring extra steps to get beyond that -- rather than just be straightforward editing?

To be clear: I see value in the enhancements for specific situations (which I haven't encountered, but imagine exist) -- it's making them the default editing behavior that is maddening (as in, driving me insane). Just move them to right-click and/or another keyboard shortcut. Please.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 11:01:11 am »

Re the new editing mode, I still don't get what problem this is solving. Google Chrome doesn't seem like a useful comparision -- a browser is about going somewhere, sometimes needing help to find it, so partial searches can be useful. But MC is used to catalog recordings by entering precise data, so it seems excessive to have to slog through unprecise data.

And no matter what the purpose or value, the extra keystrokes, inconsistent keys/actions, and notably the Tab loop trap, seem to make it impossible to have a keyboard-friendly tagging "groove", as was possible pre-.125.

Can we poll users to see who actually wants field editing to automatically behave like search, requiring extra steps to get beyond that -- rather than just be straightforward editing?

To be clear: I see value in the enhancements for specific situations (which I haven't encountered, but imagine exist) -- it's making them the default editing behavior that is maddening (as in, driving me insane). Just move them to right-click and/or another keyboard shortcut. Please.

It would help a lot if people who have a problem just state it clearly and concisely, without the editorializing.  Please start a thread for discussion.

MusicHawk

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 11:34:43 am »

Sorry, but my first posting was direct response to a stated change in .132, reporting what seems like a bug, not intentional UI behavior. But yes, I offered an opinion and suggestion. Discussion erupted from there.

Not sure how to "fix" this -- at this point, not counting the original post by Matt and one different bug report, it's become a thread about the UI changes. Could that be moved to a new post?

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 01:47:03 am »

The commandlist of the remote control is invisible. It's loaded since clicking on an empty line does open the command edit box.

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 02:40:06 am »

I just want to say that I've been using WASAPI since it's been available.  Yesterday, I tried out the WASAPI event style mode, and it has solved a myriad of issues that I've been having.  Changing playlists and or songs is now virtually instantaneous!  I also had an ongoing issue with the True Launch Bar JRiver media plugin, where if the player was switched from mini to standard modes, the taskbar would lock up for up to ten seconds.  This issue is now totally gone.  Odd as it may sound,  the problem was directly related to the old WASAPI mode. Thank you very, very much.  Your attention to detail and continual striving for excellence has been noted and greatly appreciated.

Best,

Cary
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 04:52:57 am »

The commandlist of the remote control is invisible. It's loaded since clicking on an empty line does open the command edit box.
I posted about this problem with the last build and started a seperate thread also. What's the story here?

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27:57 am »

1. Fixed: iTunes export could fail in some cases.
Thank you for the quick bugfix.
The export works now as expected with itunes 10.0.1.22 64bit.

Any idea how I can transfer the MC15-Ratings of the exported files to itunes?

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 05:52:10 pm »

Having trouble downloading the above updatre.  What's up?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 06:10:53 pm »

It's working.  What's the problem you see?

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 06:23:46 pm »

It was timing out.  But, it is working now - I have downloaded the update.  Possibly network issues on my end.  Thanks

kuanj

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 09:19:55 pm »

I am using windows 7 basic. The first two days the playing of .wav or flac files
wre running very smoothly. On the third day when I play these files it stop
at almost each track.  Under Sound/windows devices the particular DAC device disappeared.
Reconnect the DAC (USB) MJ will play but will stop at almost half the track like before.

Help requested

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 12:51:01 am »

After never having a problem all of a sudden every time I launch my Media Center after between 5-20 seconds I get the message that Media Center has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution.Then: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available... Any idea how I can fix it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 07:29:39 am »

After never having a problem all of a sudden every time I launch my Media Center after between 5-20 seconds I get the message that Media Center has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution.Then: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available... Any idea how I can fix it?

Please email a log to matt at jriver dot com.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stability

HiFiTubes

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 09:56:30 pm »

SOLVED - somehow ASIO device became unselected to empty field.

I saw this with .125 but have been busy for a while, and tonight tried .132. Not sure why ASIO is trying to play at 64bit when it is both set to 24bit, and supposed to ignore this setting for ASIO.

Media Center 15.0.132 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Pentium III 1599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3144 MB, Free - 1320 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server (Active)

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 10:17:31 pm »

Whats wrong with auto update?
There are so many new releases that I need to access this forum and check almost daily!
Not that the improvements are not good, they are excellent.
But I am tired of coming here to get the new version.

Maybe subscribe to a beta channel like google chrome and auto-update?
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

DarkPenguin

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 12:11:43 pm »

MC's skinning  is fighting with my modified Vista theme.

I believe my modifications consist of picking red under window color and appearance.

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 04:23:30 pm »

Hi,

Is Blu Ray play back possible or planned?

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 02:29:04 am »

anyone else having problems with slideshows\images. when i goto my images and right click choose play,  or double click the image file. the screen goes to display view, but remains black. not showing any image.

vagskal

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 07:57:19 am »

In pane view when you choose an artist in the (left-most) pane and then change (all instances of) that artist's name, all songs/artists are shown in the file list. In earlier builds the file list remained unchanged so I could continue to change tags for songs by the chosen artist. I report this as a bug and hope that the current behaviour is not intentional.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 08:27:52 am »

Psyffer23,
I split your problem to a separate thread.

Ladik

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »

I've tried to use new version 15.0.132. When I navigate audio on DLNA TV, list of audio files generation (FLAC or MP3) is very slow (10s). I will return to version .122. Navigation through folders is good.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 07:52:36 am »

There's an ogoing problem with ANALYSING AUDIO, very much like the problem last time around where the process would lock, chew up lots of CPU, starts, stop etc.  Some tracks finish, some don't.  Basically unreliable at present.  I can't remember whether is was related to multithreads or something, but on my quad core it's started happening again during the past few builds...

If I STOP and restart the process, it more often than not happily starts again and completes.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 02:25:18 pm »

There's an ogoing problem with ANALYSING AUDIO, very much like the problem last time around where the process would lock, chew up lots of CPU, starts, stop etc.  Some tracks finish, some don't.  Basically unreliable at present.  I can't remember whether is was related to multithreads or something, but on my quad core it's started happening again during the past few builds...

If I STOP and restart the process, it more often than not happily starts again and completes.

I haven't noticed any problem.  Others?
John

kuanj

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 08:26:48 pm »

Downloaded the Thesycon GmbH driver and installed on my Windows 7 
basic to link the Ayre QB9 DAC. I am using JRiver Media Centre 15.

Two issues here:-

1. Computer cannot auto detect the Ayre DAC. I have to pull USB
connector out and reinsert then only the computer detected AYre.

2. The Thesycon spy tool and the control panel says no device is
detected.

For your information I can still play music through JR Media Centre15

Appreciate advice if anyone of you has the same problem

Thanks

Kuan
Pages: [1]   Go Up