INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Streaming Audio Output  (Read 13374 times)

jfb

Netflix Streaming Audio Output
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:52:08 am »

How do I configure the audio out for Netflix? Does it use the same settings as the Audio configuration or does it use another? Right now I get the streaming image but not the audio otuput. I'd like to keep my audio out for music separate from what I use for something like Netflix or DVD's which.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Netflix Streaming Audio Output
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:13:06 am »

How do I configure the audio out for Netflix? Does it use the same settings as the Audio configuration or does it use another? Right now I get the streaming image but not the audio otuput. I'd like to keep my audio out for music separate from what I use for something like Netflix or DVD's which.
It's under the settings for Video.

jfb

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:26:26 am »

I wonder if there is something with the way I have things configured - I have the audio for music run through one connector and the video set to run through another (for audio I use a SPDIF bridge and for the video connection I'm using HDMI). I get sound when I play music files fine (through the SPDIF bridge), I also get sound when I play YouTube videos or my own recorded movies via the HDMI connector. However, I still haven't gotten Netflix to output any sound. Are there any other configuration options either within JRiver or outside of it? Do I need to use a single output device for all?

I've also had a weird problem where when I start Netflix it sometimes seem to rotate! I'm sure this is just a weird quirk in my set-up but wanted to note it.

John

jfb

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:50:24 pm »

I was able to figure out how to get this working - if I change the default audio output device in the control panel to my HDMI out then the sound works. I don't know if this is a problem with Netflix or J River but that seemed to do the trick.

I noticed a similar problem with Boxee so I'm guessing this is more of a Netflix issue but it might be worth looking in to.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up