INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video > Movies (nothing showing up)  (Read 1532 times)

aaronshaw

Video > Movies (nothing showing up)
« on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »

Forgive me for being daft, this might be very obvious.

I have an extensive video library and none of them will show up in the Video > Movies view scheme. I've tried tagging the movies in every field I can think of with something relevant, and tried dragging movies directly onto the view frame to import them. Nothing seems to work.

What am I not doing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Video > Movies (nothing showing up)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:43:24 pm »

Set 'Media Sub Type' to 'Movie' for your movies.

I wish there were a way we could do this automatically at import time, but it's hard to know a home movie from a movie from a TV show.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aaronshaw

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »

Thanks, that worked. How about allowing us to assign tags on import depending on where they are imported from, or where they are located?

ie On my NAS I have a Video folder with the sub-folders Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries. It would be great to be able to automatically assign the relevant Media Sub Type tags to these folders.

aaronshaw

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 07:01:14 pm »

Is it not possible to add custom Media Sub Types? I checked in the library fields editor but could not change the values.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:18 pm »

Is it not possible to add custom Media Sub Types? I checked in the library fields editor but could not change the values.

No.

But you can modify the Movies view, or any other view, to use different rules if you prefer (like filtering to the path you mentioned, etc.).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

Set 'Media Sub Type' to 'Movie' for your movies.

I wish there were a way we could do this automatically at import time, but it's hard to know a home movie from a movie from a TV show.

Thinking aloud here, but I suspect that it'd be possible to code an alogrithm looking for basic information patterns in the filename :)
Something like assuming TV episodes will contain the season/ episode number in a format something like this: S01E03
Movies on the other hand are likely to contain things like DVDRIP, XvID etc.
Home videos are much less likely (IMHO) to contain this info, and are much more likely to contain the date/ subject in the filename.

This idea possibly runs the risk of MC getting 'too smart', but it's an idea  :P

-Leezer-
Pages: [1]   Go Up