INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: @ ESI-Juli@ -- I can't play out, through the digital Output  (Read 1442 times)

GermanPeter

@ ESI-Juli@ -- I can't play out, through the digital Output
« on: November 09, 2010, 01:27:25 pm »

The Playing out by Digital-Output doesn't work with Asio Driver Mode.   ?
When ever i try, the ESI Soundcard (named Juli@) uses the Wave-Out Channel, but i need the digital Output for my external >USB 2 D/A< (Aqvox).   :( :(
All other Modes are running fine over digital Out.

Is there anywhere a thread where i can read how to install the running Asio-Mode on Media Center 15 ?

Some Greetings,
GermanPeter      8)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: @ ESI-Juli@ -- I can't play out, through the digital Output
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 01:33:08 pm »

This might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Check the manufacturer's site for information about whether it supports ASIO.

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:11 pm »

It definitely supports ASIO.  I use it as such successfully in MC.

Make sure you check the channel offset in ASIO Options (i believe).  Since there are three distinct outputs (Analog, Tos, Coax) from the Julia, you need to select the one you are using, in effect.  At least that is the best way i can explain it.  The Juli@ always looks like three soundcards in Foobar, or JMRC or any other player.

I had to set this as "2" with my toslink out.  I am not sure if that is the same if you are using the coax breakout cable.

FYI, this ASIO options window scales strangely.  You cannot move it high enough to see the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons.  This happens with both my 7 and XP computers.

Good luck!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

GermanPeter

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:13:41 am »

Hello JimH and pcstockton.

Many Thanks for your Suggestions.
But i must laughing out loud, while the Problem is the english-german Translation  ;D
I thought, if the Asio-Button switch to Wave-Out, i try to put on the Wave-Button and really true, it work really fine through the digtal - Out  (i use the Coaxial Connection)  ::)  ::)  ::)

And now, i take the Latenzies very down and disable the Networkchip on Board and listen the really clear Sound !   :D :D :D

I'd like to say, thank you Boy's for this little Trouble shooting.

From Frankfurt on Main,  GermanPeter
Pages: [1]   Go Up