INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about artist tags  (Read 1519 times)

petrossa

• World Citizen
Confused about artist tags
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:22:24 am »

I have 4 albums from Soeur Marie Keyrouz in the physical folder named Soeur Marie Keyrouz . 2 albums are in the library under that name, 1 is under Marie Keyrouz and 1 under Marie Soeur Keyrouz.

I've set all tags to the same. Still the library stubbornly giving my 3 different artists. How do i solve this?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:00:24 am »

The problem is probably caused by differences in the Album Artist tags. You can add the Album Artist and Album Artist (auto) fields as columns to list views and/or to Action Window > Tag (in there, click the small symbol in top left corner of Action Window to configure it)

In general, if the albums have only one artist there is no need to have any Album Artist value and you can delete it. The "automatic" value - Album Artist (auto), which is used in views by default, will then be the same as the track artist value.

You can find more info about the clever automatic Album Artist system here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59513.msg402038#msg402038  (the second link in that post).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

petrossa

• World Citizen
Re: Confused
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 12:19:19 pm »

Thank you for your kind response. I had already set all tags to the same and deleted Artist name.

I found what it was though. (headbang) Just renaming the artistname in the treeview list.

I think MC (and me) got confused because 2 albums were from itunes, one from amazon and 1 cdrip.

Pages: [1]   Go Up