INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo connection problem  (Read 2409 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Gizmo connection problem
« on: November 16, 2010, 02:42:15 am »

I just bought a HTC Desire HD. It's great. One of the first apps I downloaded was Gizmo.

It worked fine the first time I used it. I was able to listen to music remotely. It also worked the next time I tried it from within my home lan. But since then I am only able to use it on the home lan. I open the Gizmo app. It asks my password, and then it jumps to the browser and an "error connecting" page. Here is the link it is trying to access:

http://203.212.53.50:52198/WebPlay/library.html?token=xxLW2K3p

My computer is able to connect to library server using the same ip address and port no problems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo problems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:00:23 am »

I just bought a HTC Desire HD. It's great. One of the first apps I downloaded was Gizmo.

It worked fine the first time I used it. I was able to listen to music remotely. It also worked the next time I tried it from within my home lan. But since then I am only able to use it on the home lan. I open the Gizmo app. It asks my password, and then it jumps to the browser and an "error connecting" page. Here is the link it is trying to access:

http://203.212.53.50:52198/WebPlay/library.html?token=xxLW2K3p

My computer is able to connect to library server using the same ip address and port no problems.
If I follow that link, I get a login and password.  Did you set one?

IP addresses are sometimes changed by the ISP.  See the article called "Network Access" on our wiki for more information.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:58 am »

Yeah, my network is setup all ok. I am able to connect using my access key using Media Center. Gizmo was working too, but then stopped.

I just cleared all the settings of Gizmo and the android internet browser and I am able to log in using my access key again (only tested from inside my lan so far).

One other problem I'm having is when in playing now I cant scroll the list. It seems that the scroll bar is about 1 pixel wide on the far right hand side of the screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:02:15 am »

Can you "flick" the list?

The Media Network options page has a test function that requests our server to test access from outside your network.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gizmo connection problem
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 09:06:07 am »

Make sure you have Media Center 15.0.150 (or newer) installed on the server.

Gizmo now requires MCWS functions that were only recently added to Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:20:53 am »

Confirmed that I am running build 152 on the server.

Now something else strange is happening. It is showing me outdated views. I added a new level to one of my views in the dlna settings ([disc #] after [album]) but it is not showing that new level (it is just going straight to songs after [album]).

And worse, it is not playing the files any more. It is just downloading .m3u files

Also, flicking didnt work last time I tried. Using a HTC Desire HD.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:41 pm »

I have tried uninstalling the gizmo app and reinstalling. I also tried wiping the internet browser's cache and settings. No joy. Still getting a "Can't connect from this terminal" error after I login with my access key.
I can connect remotely through library server from my laptop using the same access key with no problems.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:17:19 am »

Still having mixed success with this. Restarted the media server on my home server and that seemed to get things working again. I was able to connect from outside to browse my library. But then a lot of the files in the library wouldn't play. I was seeing this with a library server client at work too. All files are in the same shared folder so there arent any file permission problems.

Now I am back at home and have just tried using gizmo again. It's still trying to connect to a remote address. It doesnt seem to know that I am back on the local lan, even though the phone is most definitely connected through my home wi-fi connection.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 03:32:55 am »

I took a walk outside and gizmo was working again. Another weird thing that I've noticed though, is that it was stopping at the end of each song and I had to manually hit "Resume" to go to the next song.

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:53:55 am »

Just to tie up this thread, gizmo is working well for me now. Seems that restarting media server sorted out most issues.
I′m still seeing the app auto pausing sometimes. This may be something to do with the phone though. Maybe some kind of power saving feature which tricks gizmo into thinking the phone is asleep or something.

kgo

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:13:59 pm »

I took a walk outside and gizmo was working again. Another weird thing that I've noticed though, is that it was stopping at the end of each song and I had to manually hit "Resume" to go to the next song.

For me sometimes Gizmo will play from song to song, but frequently I have to push Resume playing between songs. From observing network traffic on the phone, it seems that the server converts and pushes each song when it starts "preparing". That seems to take about 30 seconds as the song starts to play.

Often I have to push the the resume button 3-4 times to get it to start again.

-kgo
Pages: [1]   Go Up