INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.159 -- Available here  (Read 8128 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.159 -- Available here
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:31:15 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150159.exe

15.0.159 (11/24/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'FriendlyName' to the MCWS/v1/Alive response so a client can show a friendly name for a server.
2. SDK: Added the ability for MCWS/v1/Browse/Children to skip levels with only one choice.
3. Changed: Changing the volume doesn't put the on screen display into a mode where left / right change the volume until the display goes away.
4. Changed: The position on screen display is part of the regular on screen display rotation (so pressing up / down will can show it).
5. Fixed: The search editing dialog could popup as modeless in some cases, leading to a crash if a dialog behind the search was closed before closing the search.

15.0.158 (11/23/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'NextToPlay' as a possible PlayMode when using any MCWS play function.
2. Fixed: DLNA video playback with conversion was broken for a couple of builds.
3. Fixed: Television recording silently failed if the user had selected a "Folder for recording and time-shifting files" on a disk to which the user had no write access.
4. Changed: DLNA server, even more precise determination of when to transcode if "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion for the PS3 and Xbox360 especially.

15.0.157 (11/19/2010)

1. SDK: Added 'ProgramVersion' to MCWS/v1/Alive function return.
2. Fixed: If conversion was enabled for handheld transfer, converted files could be placed on the device even if they weren't in the supported file type list for the device.
3. Fixed: When doing a handheld sync as a Library Server client, the user interface could be unresponsive.
4. Changed: Doing Ctrl+F while drilled down in the library tree will switch to the root of the current library selection (Ctrl+E focuses the search box with no switching).
5: Changed: DLNA server, improved determination of when to transcode when "convert if necessary" is set for video conversion, especially applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3.

15.0.156 (11/18/2010)

1. SDK: Added browse functionality to MCWS (currently uses browse tree configured for WebPlay).
2. SDK: Reworked MCWS functions that return files so that they can be used to get MPL, start playback, or more.
3. SDK: Removed MCWS/v1/Playlist/Play since MCWS/v1/Playlist/Files can now do the same (and more).
4. Faster: Improved performance of list drawing when analyzing audio, converting files, or syncing a handheld.
5. Changed: CD/DVD burning now works on a library server client.
6. Changed: Improved JRiver URL Reader filter's buffering performance.
7. NEW: DLNA server. Added video options to convert always, never and when necessary. When necessary looks at codecs, file type and device to decide. It's currently only making device decisions based on PS3 and Xbox360 configurations.

15.0.155 (11/16/2010)

1. Changed: APL files are natively supported using Library Server (requires latest version on server and client).
2. Changed: Playback of audio with a Library Server Client uses a more sophisticated reader that can seek more nicely.
3. Changed: The volume on screen display shows a graphical bar instead of showing only text.
4. Changed: Changing the volume and using the 'Volume' on screen display look and work the same way (previously the displays differered slightly).
5. NEW: DLNA server converts multichannel sources to 2 channel when using "always convert" and a fixed sample rate conversion (enables any DLNA device to play multi channel sources).
6. Fixed: DLNA server, when using "always convert" to L16 and sample rate "same as source" provides the DLNA flags necessary to allow multichannel L16 output. This allows multichannel output on DLNA devices that can handle it (i.e. PS3).

15.0.154 (11/15/2010)

1. Fixed: A library server client would wake up from sleep when the server was scheduled to record a television program.
2. Changed: ffmpeg conversion profiles modified for better dlna experience.

15.0.153 (11/12/2010)

1. NEW: DLNA Server video mpeg 4 transcoding happens on demand. Allows the use of seekable mp4 transcoding on the Xbox 360, PS/3, etc.
2. NEW: DLNA Server video mpeg 2 transcoding profiles enabled.

15.0.152 (11/11/2010)

1. SDK: The MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info function could cause a deadlock with Theater View showing in certain cases.
2. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function to allow setting database values with the SDK (requires an authenticated connection or the server will return a failure).
3. Changed: Brightness, Hue, and Saturation controls on the on screen display are more graphical for live television playback.
4. Changed: On screen display of Brightness, Contrast etc. during adjustment using keyboard is shown with nicer graphics for all video playback types.

15.0.151 (11/10/2010)

1. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/UserInterface/Info function for getting the current state of the user interface.
2. Changed: Reworked how Theater View positions are reported so that it's easier to make skins with context sensitive images.
3. Changed: When pausing playback, the on screen position disappears after 10 seconds.
4. Changed: The on screen position display does not appear when pausing image playback.
5. Fixed: Rotating through Theater View with the green button could skip the home view in some unexpected cases.
6. Fixed: DLNA devices could fail to appear under certain network configurations.
7. Changed: Brightness, Hue, and Saturation controls on the on screen display are more graphical (except for live television playback).

15.0.150 (11/09/2010)

1. Internal: If logging itself causes a slowdown, it will be logged.
2. Changed: Added the time to the on screen display position window.
3. New: DLNA server added more video mpeg2 transcoding profiles, not entirely operational yet.
4. Changed: DLNA server more precise flag determination for WMV video files.
5. Changed: DLNA server tries to transcode transparently for mpeg2 profiles.

15.0.149 (11/08/2010)

1. Optimized: Rewrote the logging (Help > Logging) engine to improve performance with logging enabled.
2. Changed: Log files are UTF-8 encoded instead of UTF-16 encoded (so logs are normally about half the size).
3. Fixed: After doing a search of a specific field by clicking an artist, album, etc. link, a view refresh could discard the field part of the search.
4. Faster: When starting audio playback, reduced the number of times an input plugin will be loaded and unloaded.
5. Changed: Programs OSD menu shows currently playing television program, instead of the live program for currently playing channel.
6. Fixed: No programming info was displayed if televison is paused exactly at a time between two programs.

15.0.148 (11/05/2010)

1. Fixed: Pausing right at the start of a television program would have position OSD vacillate between the last and the new program while paused.
2. Changed: Improved how seeking with the left / right remote buttons works when holding the buttons down.
3. Fixed: Possible deadlock when a DLNA device was removed from the network.
4. Optimized: Improved efficiency of video playback engine.
5. Fixed: The on screen display could blink off right away during image playback.
6. Optimized: Drawing the on screen display or other semi-transparent windows is faster.

15.0.147 (11/04/2010)

1. SDK: Corrected a typo in the documentation for the MCWS/v1/Control/Key function, and also added the list of special keys available.
2. Fixed: The on screen display could overflow its text when pausing near the beginning of playback.
3. Changed: During television playback, the program on screen display is first instead of last.
4. Fixed: If Theater View theme online images failed to load (due to no internet, etc.) it could crash or lead to runaway memory usage.
5. Changed: The cover art in Theater View Playing Now doesn't automatically fadeout if there are no online images showing behind the cover art.
6. Fixed: Fonts that used overhangs (Tahoma italic, etc.) could draw truncated.
7. Changed: Slow double-click only starts an edit if the mouse doesn't move too much between clicks.
8. Changed: Updated Chinese translation (thanks to Allen Tse).
9. Fixed: The image option 'Disable transitions during manual playback' was not working.
10. Fixed: Image caption on screen display was not working (only applies to last few builds).
11. Changed: On screen position display behavior during transition from FF or REW to Play is now uniform across all video types.
12. Fixed: The picture-in-picture display could become orphaned on the screen in Theater View in some cases.
13. NEW: Added more subtitle mimetype support for the DLNA server.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 15.0.159 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 05:55:32 pm »

When I play files over the library server, the time length of the file in the top display "count up" until the actual track length is reached. This also causes the progress bar to jump way ahead and then dial back as the counting increases.

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 02:37:36 am »

Sync to handheld of imported cue albums seems to be buggy.
  • Get an error when the track name contains a character like "?", ":"
  • Get a strange filename when track name contains a "/"
  • With some tracks the FullAlbum-file gets transferred instead of a converted track-file.
    Maybe when there is a "´" character in the track name
  • Mostly does stack the converted files, but sometimes it does not.
  • Sychronized filename is [FullAlbumFilename] - ([Track#] - [Name])
    Why the parentheses? Is there a way to get filenames like [Track#] - [Name]

My "handheld" is a directory on a NAS, if that matters.

3rik

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 11:22:45 am »

Remove Cover Art bug not fixed  :'(

When you try to remove one, it doesn't work... The Cover Art remains

Omni

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 11:35:20 am »

This bug probably has been present at least since v.15.0.14 (link to bug report in release thread), but image/video playback (my report relates to images) seems to be broken when using the Noire Glass skin.

Both in Full Screen mode and even simply in the Playing Now view, it's like the image and the desktop background are just OR'ed together with some transparency effect going on.  Simple to duplicate:  view/play some images in Playing Now, and then from the View->Skins menu, just toggle back and forth between Noire Glass and the other ones.  The effect is instant.

Given that the problem was originally reported eight months ago, is it safe to assume this bug will never be fixed?  (That's not a factitious question; I actually need to know as I was planning on ditching ACDSee and using MC to manage all my images, but not if I can't view them, obviously!  :P  And before it's suggested, using any skin other than Noire Glass makes MC stick out like a sore thumb on my desktop, so I prefer not to go that route.)

TontonGuigui

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 01:05:50 pm »

Hi,

the "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" audio option is still not working.
Any plan to correct it in the near future ?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 01:29:37 pm »

This bug probably has been present at least since v.15.0.14 (link to bug report in release thread), but image/video playback (my report relates to images) seems to be broken when using the Noire Glass skin.

Both in Full Screen mode and even simply in the Playing Now view, it's like the image and the desktop background are just OR'ed together with some transparency effect going on.  Simple to duplicate:  view/play some images in Playing Now, and then from the View->Skins menu, just toggle back and forth between Noire Glass and the other ones.  The effect is instant.

Given that the problem was originally reported eight months ago, is it safe to assume this bug will never be fixed?  (That's not a factitious question; I actually need to know as I was planning on ditching ACDSee and using MC to manage all my images, but not if I can't view them, obviously!  :P  And before it's suggested, using any skin other than Noire Glass makes MC stick out like a sore thumb on my desktop, so I prefer not to go that route.)
I just tried to reproduce this and can't.  Can you try on another PC?  It could be a video driver problem.  You might try updating.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »

Dialogs still netbook (1024x600) unfriendly.

Omni

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 11:29:00 am »

I just tried to reproduce this and can't.  Can you try on another PC?  It could be a video driver problem.  You might try updating.

Same result on two independent systems:

Old System:  nVidia GeForce GTX 275, Driver 196.21 (older, but best for that card)
New System: nVidia GeForce GTX 580, Driver 262.99 (newest and only drivers available for this card given it just hit the shelves only a couple of weeks ago :))

Both systems are running Windows 7 (64-bit).

Example

Noire (disregard the bands in the image... I just grabbed the image off the net just now, and MC's "image optimizer" is accentuating the defective raw image)

Noire Glass (result is windows underneath MC being OR'ed with flower pic and some transparency effect going on)

Interesting Tidbit:  If I'm in the above "Noire Glass" mode and I right-click the image and "Detach Display," the detached window changes to Noire (don't ask me why) and displays like the first image, i.e., normally--well, it's detached, but you know what I mean:

dcwebman

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 07:26:57 am »

Last time reporting this. I don't use Slim that often but it does come in handy when I need to rate new songs.

Use Mini View with a skin other than Slim. While in mini view, right-click and switch to Slim. Media Center is left in the taskbar and no further interaction is possible. Task Manager says the program is not responding any more and you have to end the task.
Jeff

the-order

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »

For the past 2 builds that have been released on here I've had a problem opening video files from Windows Explorer. Doesn't matter the file type, tried .avi, .mp4, and .mkv. It will load Media Center into the Task Manager, but will not open the actual program and start playing. Even after opening a video file and then trying to open MC15 by shortcut does nothing. I have to use Task Manager to close all Media Center programs running and open the program manually (via shortcut) and then opening a video file from Windows Explorer works.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »

Hi,

the "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" audio option is still not working.
Any plan to correct it in the near future ?

Thanks in advance.

Please see this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60648.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:12:48 pm »

New System: nVidia GeForce GTX 580, Driver 262.99

I see the same here.

But just to be safe, please send the GTX 580 to JRiver for testing ;)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 12:46:24 am »

I see the same here.

But just to be safe, please send the GTX 580 to JRiver for testing ;)

After reading what you wrote I took a closer look at your avatar - yes, it's a fox.

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 10:37:58 am »

Hi - when importing multiple CDs (one after another) - am getting hangs on MC (just downloaded 15.0.159 - problem wasn't there before).  Running Windows 7 64 bit.  Having to close down and restart between each CD I want to rip.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Media Server causing file tagging problems
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 11:56:10 am »

Media Server is causing problems with writing tags to files when changing tags via a Library Server client.  Here are the steps to reproduce:

1) Have Media Server and Library Server running on a "server" PC with the MC interface closed.

2) From a Library Client, add a keyword to an image and close MC.

3) The keywords are not written to the actual file on disc until the MC interface is shown ("Show Media Center" from taskbar icon) and often still doesn't write to the file (shows "Saving Tag Changes") until Media Server is killed.

I have given this 15 minutes to make sure it's not just a matter of delay.  This is a problem because I can't run my server unattended (have to go show the MC interface and/or kill the Media Server) which pretty much defeats the purpose of the Media/Library server combination.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Library Client: Deleting file from disc
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 06:42:48 pm »

I can't delete a file from disc from a Library Client (authentication is enabled).  It removes it from the library but still remains on disc with no error message shown on the Library Server.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2010, 03:53:43 am »

Sync to handheld ... seems to be buggy.
  • Mostly does stack the converted files, but sometimes it does not.

My "handheld" is a directory on a NAS, if that matters.

+1

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 03:48:46 am »

Been struggling with the conversion cache this week (see thread in forum).  However, wanted to report what has to be a bug?

My conversion cache is set to a file location:

Tools->Options->File Locations->Conversion Cache:

Z:\My Music (compressed)

This is a folder on my NAS.

When I do a process that requires conversion, eg sync to handheld, only SOME of the files appear in the conversion cache, even though many more are being converted during the sync process.

All of the files are ending up on the device, however, so they are being converted SOMEWHERE, but not necessarily where I am asking for them to be converted...?

skarsol

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 10:07:52 am »

When I play files over the library server, the time length of the file in the top display "count up" until the actual track length is reached. This also causes the progress bar to jump way ahead and then dial back as the counting increases.

Happening to me too. 159 on both server and client. In the playlist the Duration shown is correct. When you play it, the correct duration pops up for a split second then changes to the shorter incrementing duration. I'm assuming it's now showing the duration of the amount of the track that has been streamed to the client so far. The progress counts up as normal, so the bar jumps forward, ticks back, repeats.

Also, hitting stop causes it to continue playing while showing "Aborting, please wait." Playback continues for about 8 seconds, then silence with the message still there, then more than 20 seconds later (varies, up to a minute in testing) it goes back to "Buffering..." and then it hangs. Trying to play other tracks at this point results in nothing (Original track info stays in the box at the top, no sound, nothing). Have to click the X to close it and it gives a MS VC++ Runtime Error: "R6025 - pure virtual function call". Sometimes before I can click X I get a "Media Center has stopped working" box and the log reads "0143500: 5956: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing" Play/pause works fine. Switching to another track works fine. Just can't use the Stop button or bad things happen. :)

Client on Windows 7, Server on XP. Convert audio if necessary. MP3 low bandwidth stream.

Edit: I've now had it start up and have play/stop work normally a couple times. It seems if it works the first time, it will keep working.

Edit2: That's a lie, just had 2 tracks work then a 3rd crash it.

Final Edit till response: Dropped client to 158, both problems still there. Dropped client to 136, both problems gone.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 09:22:35 am »

I have two tabs, one is for the local files zone I created, the other is for the networked files zone I created. When launching MC and then selecting a different tab/zone, the "Updating View" window pops up and locks up MC with the spinning circle/wait notification pointer. I have to close it out using Task Manager. Still happens after reboot. Removing one of the Zone Tabs gets rid of the problem.

Media Center 15.0.159 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Pentium 4 3574 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4194 MB, Free - 3229 MB

Internet Explorer: 9.0.7930.16406 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520A    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server (Active)
Pages: [1]   Go Up