INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Sound  (Read 824 times)

tlong

No Sound
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:39:22 pm »

I have 2 registered copies of MC15 on separate machines with a shared library from a network drive with about 15,000 songs on it.  Both apps have identical option settings and auto import turned off.  They've worked adequately for months.

MC15 was left playing an extended playlist last night.  Played fine.  This morning I stopped the playlist and selected another song.  MC15 immediately went silent.  No sound whatsoever.  The selection showed as playing with regular output.  Regardless of the selection, there is no sound from MC15.  There were no other changes made.  It's not muted.  The soundcard settings haven't changed.  Nothing changed.  Selecting a different song was the 2nd key push of the morning. 

I've found no correction within MC15.  Windows Media Player and all other audio apps on the computer work fine.  I can switch from the non-operating MC15 to any other audio app and get full audio on the other while nothing from this MC15.  There are no hardware issues.  The other licensed MC15 app in the other room works fine.

I've completely combed out MC15 multiple times.  I've reinstalled over the exisiting application, and have removed and reinstalled it 3 times.  I've restored from the current library and previous libraries.  No change.

Can you help?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: No Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 08:31:47 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

If you haven't, reboot the computer.

Then, try different output modes and settings in Options > Audio.  Make sure you target the soundcard you want sound from.  This wiki might help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up