INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How copy library from two drives to a third one...while keeping all the tags  (Read 988 times)

kevced

• Recent member

Hi, my skills with computers are limited and I have some questions…Worst, my English is not that good.

Anyway, I bought JRiver some weeks ago and  imported a massive bunch of files. I had to rename thousands of tags and I certainly do not wish to repeat this task again should a crash happens to my computer (or external drives).

How can I prevent that?  I did a copy of all the JRiver files located on my c:\program files... to one of my hard drive. Is that the right thing to do?

I understand that all the renamed tags are on one of the files under GRiver and not on the external drives where my CDs were ripped?

Here are my main problems: I use a netbook with only 2 USB input/output. One is dedicated to my Ayre DAC (Digital-Analogue Converter). Basically, I have jazz ( "D" ) and classical ( "E" ) music on external drives linked to my netbook via a "HUB" and it works…But I assume that the sound might be better if I can get rid of the hub. So, I copied most of my favorite albums from the D and E drives to a new "F" drive and I plan to use, mostly, the "F" drive but "D" and "E" will be required from time to time.

I was unable to open JRiver with only the new "F" drive connected to the netbook since the player does not see the default drive. I was able to import the "F" drive in the library but only if connected throught the hub…and the results are not acceptable because all the modification (tags) made on the D and E drive are lost since they seem to be on GRiver instead of on the hard drives.

So, basically, how can I copy the library from D and from E drives to the F drive (including the modified tags) keeping in mind that I will still need some files on D and E drives?Please, a detailled procedure will be appreciated:-)

Last, I have a back-up (2 other hard drives!) of my collection at the office. Can I copy JRiver on a second computer (office) and listen to my files using JRiver when working or I should by a second version of JRiver? 

Thank you!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please take a look at this wiki article:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Transfer

You can use the same MC license on all "your" computers.

It's new, so anyone who has done this, please take a look at it and suggest any changes (or make them on the wiki).

kevced

• Recent member

Thank you, much appreciated.

I will test this option ASAP.

Bye:-)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen

You can use the same MC license on all "your" computers.
I thought the license could only be used on two machines. Is this not the case as I have just purchased a 3rd machine to use as a HTPC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up