INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to v.8  (Read 760 times)

Oldman

Upgrade to v.8
« on: June 13, 2002, 05:30:26 pm »

I purchased v.7 on July 5, 2001.  I have the Buy Button Receipt to prove it.  My e-mail address has changed since that time because the @home.com service went out of business.  My new address is bill-kuhnke@shaw.ca.  I tried beta v.8 and liked it.  I have downloaded the new v.8 and installed it.  Do I need to do anything to properly register as a paid subscriber to v.8 Media Jukebox software?

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Upgrade to v.8
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 06:02:34 pm »

The license for Version 7 that you have will work for Version 8. I trust you have backed it up to a floppy disk. If not, do so. It can't be replaced. There is a new license structure for purchasers of Version 8. You can get your license back on line up to six times a year. Version 7 licenses are *.rrg files and must be protected by the user.
To get back to the question, go to "Help ... Restore License" and follow the directions for restoration. If it's grayed out, check "Help ... About Media Jukebox" and see if it's already "Plus".
After a successful re-registration, the last two things will happen ... "Gray" and "Plus"
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 06:33:08 pm »

Me: (sometime ago)...the web based email service I was using at the time has gone under.
JimH: translation: the dog ate my disk

Sorry Jim, couldn't help myself.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 06:53:26 pm »

Callithumpian,
Thanks, but it's OK.  You made me laugh.  Somebody once sent us a disk that a dog had eaten.  Well not quite eaten, but chewed.  It does happen.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up