INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buffering???  (Read 638 times)

sick of it

buffering???
« on: June 12, 2002, 05:25:52 pm »

what does it mean when a song is buffering? my mp3's will play about 5 seconds and they stop and MJ says "buffering" and then the song comes back on for about 5 secs and does it again. is my computer just a peice of crap or is something else wrong!!!?

TURBO

RE:buffering???
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 05:36:01 pm »

Close to that. You dont have enough virtual memory (Free hard disk space), cpu power.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 05:47:00 pm »

>> is my computer just a peice of crap
Hard To Say
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Chico

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 06:33:38 pm »

Do you have the visuals turned on?  If so, turn them off, also, make sure that you shut down all unessessary programs.  Make sure that you have some Hard Disk space available and try playing your music.  Another thing may be the bitrate of the file you are playing.  A file recorded at a high bit rate will chew some system resorces as well.  
If MJ is still not buffering enough to play a complete song, then you should consider getting a faster, computer.

Chris H.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 09:29:21 pm »

Buffering means your computer is gathering together data so it can play those 5 seconds.  When it runs out, then it gathers some more.  If you have Windows XP, you can adjust the virtual memory.  Open the Help & Support Center, and type in 'virtual memory' in the Search.  I'm not sure if this works the same with other Windows versions.  The best solution is probably to add more Ram memory chips.  They are fairly cheap now -- you might want to look at www.tigerdirect.com, for example.
Pages: [1]   Go Up